Author Topic: Ack! Lost player data!  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ack! Lost player data!
Is it possible to lose your pilot's rank, kill count, and medal tally by updating FS2 to version 1.20?  This is what apparently happened to me, and I'm extremely ticked off. :mad2: Is there any way to fix it?

Offline Solatar

I didn't think the update effected the player's directory. Anyway, maybe you deleted it. take it out of the recycle bin :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That's rather odd. Are those the only things that have vanished?

Your pilot is still there? Have a look in your data\players\single directory. Do you still have your pilot file? Do you still have a .css file for every campaign you`ve played or are those gone too?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I didn't delete any files; I double-checked before I posted.  I still have the pilot itself, with the same image and mission progress (in terms of what mission I was on), but kill count, score, rank, and medals have all been reset.  I checked the directory and believe I have all the appropriate required .css and .plr files.

Offline Solatar

I know. You got all of those medals and points playing the same campaign. You were almost done, then you installed the update. You started the campaign over again, but since it was never finished, your stats were wiped.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
No, no, no, no.  Here's what I've done in FS2 so far:

Finished main campaign
Played Derelict up until the third-from-last mission
Updated to 1.20 in order to try out multiplayer
Finished Derelict

Went to admire my stats - and found they only reflected my progress since I had updated!  Since my progress through the campaign hadn't been lost, I didn't notice anything wrong until I went to look at the list of medals and saw them all gone.

Not only was my score lost from pre-1.20 playing through Derelict, but my rank and slate of medals were lost from the main campaign, which I had already completed.

I don't suppose it's possible that playing multiplayer, rather than updating, could have wiped out my stats?  All I did was clone a multiplayer pilot and update to 1.20.  Now my single-player pilot is busted down to Ensign! :mad:

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
similar problem: after upgrading yesterday, (i reinstalled) the mission Endgame, which i've beaten doesens of times, locks up at 1 minute and 6 seconds, or if i don't look at the loyolas, it takes another 30 seconds... i had to cleatr te mission file, change the campagain, and just depart in that mission... still get the medal tho... :D
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW