Author Topic: Another Freespace Tournament?  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Another Freespace Tournament?
November 11th,

would anyone show?  everyone's talk, but no one ever comes unfortunately... should it still be done like last year?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I would come; the key part of organizing this type of thing is to spread the word as far as possible.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Humm...you mean the Frenzy or?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I`ve never taken part of one of these things before so I`m unsure what goes on.
 Is it a tournament to find who's the best? Do you decide by TvT battles or dogfights? Points scored on co-op missions?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
not to find out who's best... i'll leave that to FS2

for the last two years TT has been just for people who nowadays do other things (moved on to other games, etc.) to come back just for a day to FS1... it's a chance to see people you haven't seen in a while... there's a couple of standalones up, and you see people / play with peopel you haven't played with / seen in a long time :)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It's a general meeting-like thing; every just gets together and plays some games, but there are a lot of people around than usual. The last few such events were a lot of fun. :D

oh wait, is this FS1? I can never get a game to play properly in that... (it is too laggy to do anything, even with a cable connection, whereas FS2 runs great)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
So basically another Frenzy...well being that I'm on PXO every day, shouldn't be a real problem for me :wtf:

As I said before somewhere (on BWO forums I think), yeah it would be great to have you the "intelligence" corps come mingle with the grunts a bit :wtf: (and not only once a year :nervous: )

Originally posted by CP5670

oh wait, is this FS1? I can never get a game to play properly in that... (it is too laggy to do anything, even with a cable connection, whereas FS2 runs great)

this is where you been hiding ;)

btw, i find the lag in fs1 easier to manage then fs2 (in moderate lag cases, i'd prefer a 400-800ping in fs1, over a 300ping in fs2)
ehh....i'm wierd tho, hehe....fs1 is more fun tho...

as for the tourny part of it....hehe, BD and I'll be accepting challenges (As ALWAYS :)) if anyone wants to try against us :) I expect we'll be there if it's not antisocial to Euro times....hehe
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Of course I'll accept challenges, however I'll try practice how to bring my skills down a bit (for a chance something like this happenes)...don't wanna scar anyone for life :wtf:

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
how bout instead we make the HLP "All your base" movie using renders and comics involving space aliens of some sort with large rayguns that kill things... and such... or not
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
remember the last one Quantum Delta? :)

alrighty then, i'll start inquiring... in the meantime prepare for a November 11th, 2002 tourney.