Author Topic: beamtest take 2  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
beamtest
in early stages....

I hate My signature!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Whoa! uuhh...it looks very L33+, but it's definately a different take on the standard FS2 beam!

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
i stole it off a model from B5 :). I thank Mark Kane for the exxelent Sharlin model and its beam which i used here.
I hate My signature!

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Just add a bright white core to the beam, and you're in business. Quite nice, Ashrak.
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Marks beam has 2 tubes a internal and external. Change the internal surface to white and the other more solid green and you have a better FS2 like beam.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
GTD Hagnon? What type of name is that?!:D:p

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
It's the GTD Hayden. Better stick with the STOP font for the nameplates...
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
*Gasp!* My ship! Its the GTD Haydon for those of you wondering, the star of Into the Night ;)

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Wheee! Bump-mapping on hulls! Wheeee! :D :yes:
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
bump mapping thats just PLAIN WIERD when i loaded the beam the hulls just became to be like that :/ its freaky i have been looking for bump map button in LW for ages :( havent found it :(
I hate My signature!

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Originally posted by Ashrak
i have been looking for bump map button in LW for ages :( havent found it :(

Fire up the Surface Editor. You'll see that each surface has a bump channel. You can load a bump map there, use a procedural, etc. :)
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Redfang

That's really good. And some very good bump-mapping, not overused.

Awesome work, Ashrak. :nod:

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Ashrak
when i loaded the beam the hulls just became to be like that

:D
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
"...the latest in a series of mysterious piratings, the GTD Hayden and her whole crew has fallen victim of strange cube-like ships. The Hayden was later seen opening fire on GTVA targets in her vicinity with a type of beam weapon that she had not originally been equipped with. We can only conclude that these cube-ship aliens have refitted the Hayden with different weaponry...."

Aside from that, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Finally someone has bothered to change the multi-turrets from their default straight-up orientation! :yes: :yes: ( :yes: )

:wtf: Where'd that third hand come from?? :nervous: :wtf:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Originally posted by Sandwich

Aside from that, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Finally someone has bothered to change the multi-turrets from their default straight-up orientation! :yes: :yes: ( :yes: )

mmhmm, someones having turret shaft envy.

I notice that alot of people are making their beam's particle glow lenseflairs... yet in the movie (fs2 endgame) the beam muzzle is actually a sphere of moving particles.

but still looks good... except for the lack of physical damage that beam could cause... no white core...
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
OK why thah ell does everything have to be linear to everything maybe i like the beam like that....say its a new ubercool beam :)
I hate My signature!

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
They just want to get some posts. And maybe spam a little :D

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Ten of Twelve
They just want to get some posts. And maybe spam a little :D

PC++ is bad. Spam is bad.

SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
Originally posted by Sandwich
"...the latest in a series of mysterious piratings, the GTD Hayden and her whole crew has fallen victim of strange cube-like ships. The Hayden was later seen opening fire on GTVA targets in her vicinity with a type of beam weapon that she had not originally been equipped with. We can only conclude that these cube-ship aliens have refitted the Hayden with different weaponry...."

:wtf: Where'd that third hand come from?? :nervous: :wtf:

Haha Sandwich you can thank me for that... I edited that model long ago for a turn of the turrets, and I gave every one of my FS models to Ashrak, and thus he has a model with turned turrets. :p

The way I turned the turrets on that ship was bad though, they are sort of warped... I've found out a MUCH better way to do it however, and the way I do it now makes it REALLY easy to turn them in animations :D

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
Originally posted by RKIF-DragonClaw

Haha Sandwich you can thank me for that... I edited that model long ago for a turn of the turrets, and I gave every one of my FS models to Ashrak, and thus he has a model with turned turrets. :p

The way I turned the turrets on that ship was bad though, they are sort of warped... I've found out a MUCH better way to do it however, and the way I do it now makes it REALLY easy to turn them in animations :D

yeah thanx for the models :D turn in animations tell me how
« Last Edit: October 10, 2002, 10:48:06 am by 544 »
I hate My signature!