Author Topic: Post retail or gameplay bugs here!  (Read 52762 times)

Post errors/bugs/problems here!
Originally posted by Mongoose
I spent the better part of a few hours doing just that. :p Here are the fruits of my labor, to save you the bother. :)

Well, I had those done for the earlier version. :)

But, since you did I'd say: Goob/Galemp, make sure to add this to the vps next time :P

Thanks!!!! :)

Offline dizzy

• http://dizzy.roedu.net
Well for me there is no music when copying those files into "fsport/data/missions" (I use the -mod SCP option into "fsport" dir where the fsport VPs are located).

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Sounds like you're doing everything right; are you sure you have all of the VPs downloaded?  Last time I played through the Port, all of the music worked fine with these mission files.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by mrduckman
But, since you did I'd say: Goob/Galemp, make sure to add this to the vps next time :P
We haven't released the SCP version of the Port yet.  When we do we certainly will.

Offline HotShot

Re: Post retail or gameplay bugs here!
only a small question...in playing judas, freighters and cruisers shoudlnt attack me on sight huh? i mean, it would be nearly impossible to finish this mission when thousands of turrents are firing on you!
so, did i again screw something up on my local version or is this really ment to be this way

Offline Solatar

If you fire your weapons at all, they go after you.

Offline HotShot

yea i know, but in my case the freighters and cruisers shoot at me although i do nothing but scanning. the fighters dont attack, just fly their patrols.

Offline HotShot

aaaarrrrrrr anybody please help! i just dont know what to do! and the campaign just started to attract me again

Offline bfobar

only a small question...in playing judas, freighters and cruisers shoudlnt attack me on sight huh? i mean, it would be nearly impossible to finish this mission when thousands of turrents are firing on you!
so, did i again screw something up on my local version or is this really ment to be this way

If you're using a CVS build, this may be part of the "stealth is broken" bug that has been a problem. I noticed this too but chalked it up to the visibility and stealth problems that got reported on bug 783 in mantis I think.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Did that mission use stealth?  I thought it was liberal use of either turret-lock-all or ignore-target.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline HotShot

i tried 01/25, 02/02, 01/9 and the newest one.

no one else had that problem?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I just confirmed it on my machine with the latest build.

Can you find which build it starts in?

Offline HotShot

well, for me none of the post 12/29 builds works

Offline HotShot

has anyone a build where the mission works correct? would appreciate your help, mates

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/
-choose the month
-download the latest builds
-currently latest is February2006/20060220-Goober5000.rar
links can be found by watching
Hard Light Productions Forums  »  FreeSpace  »  The Source Code Project  »  Recent Builds
Topic: CVS Builds
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,34852.0.html

Comments on stealth: from ShivanSpS at http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,34852.msg784679.html#msg784679
Quote from: Goober5000 on February 20, 2006, 11:53:31 AM
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/February2006/20060220-Goober5000.rar

Now with "ignore my target" fixed.

That its not all Goobler...

You just fixed the IA and Bomber Bug in Port, the "Jump to Desktop" bug in Port, and Finally... THE STHEATLS!!!!!!!!! ITS WORKS NOW THE STHEALTHS ARE WORKING!!!!!!! I love you :P

Hope this helps.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Hotshot..

Are you using 367 mediavps? If so then either remove the last patch (nro 3) or place this file to the mediavps/data/tables folder if you want to try post-20051229 builds. I didnt test that file but it should fix the 367 mediavp incompatibility with post-20051229 builds (turret angle)
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Lindley

Since search is disabled, I wasn't able to check if this issue has been mentioned elsewhere.

On the mission when you're supposed to disarm and disable the Shivan cruiser Taranis, I am unable to target any of the Taranis' subsystems. I hit 's', the target subsystem key I selected, and nothing happens. Apparently my wingmen can't either; when I ordered them to disable the Taranis, they did not do so despite ample opportunity.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
The only way of avoiding this, is to not change any of the wings loadouts and proceed directly to the actual mission, but I might be wrong... I got that from a post a couple of months ago.

Offline Lindley

That worked. I never actually modified my loadout before, but apparently just viewing the screen messed it up.

when i play the retail D:FS, the game sometimes crashes or i'm unable to warp out in the "A Failure to Communicate" mission (sm3-03a.fsm). any ideas?

also, when i play ST within the retail D:FS, Epsilon 1 or 2 docked with the Giordano will not warp out when it reaches the waypoint in the mission "Secret Recovery" (map 06). it just spins around. is this a bug? (i messed around with the map in FRED and the ships are able to warp out if they are not docked together.)

my D:FS installation is pure retail; no mods added except for ST.

p.s. imho, ST does suck.