Author Topic: Voice manipulation!  (Read 4776 times)

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
After a little experimentation I came up with these:

Vasudan translator voice: (without actual Vasudan in bkground yet)

Darth Vadar (hehe, I've been seeing too many RotJ adverts on telly this week)

Opinions?
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
the vasudan sounds like some voice from Star Wars ANH: i think i am either thinking of when they are talking back and forth with Yavin from the Death Star or darth vaders voice in his tie.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Try and slow Vader down a bit. :nod:

Offline Solatar

Vasudan sounds like it came directly from the campaign.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
ah, the vasudan is wonderful. How'd you do it?

Gotta experiment on my Vasudan a bit more. Got it pretty close to the original but still not completely.

Oh, and wonder how :v: did the actual vasudan voice.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The Vasudan needs to be clearer. There's no way I would be able to make out what it was saying if it was overlayed with Vasudan speech.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
The Vasudan needs to be clearer. There's no way I would be able to make out what it was saying if it was overlayed with Vasudan speech.

Yeh, thats a problem when I do noise reduction on low bit-rate files. Altho I do have a vasudan speech version

EDIT: Just to prove a point:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2002, 03:52:24 pm by 798 »

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
vyper, what kinds of files were those that you first posted? Wave files? I can't seem to DL them. My comp keeps saying "No viewer available..."
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by Su-tehp
vyper, what kinds of files were those that you first posted? Wave files? I can't seem to DL them. My comp keeps saying "No viewer available..."

Hmm, they're wav files so you should get Windows Media player inside the post. :) :wtf: I ain't sure why you aren't getting anything... wot browser u running?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
That's not too bad actually, although it is difficult to determine what is being said. Try cutting down on the mixing slightly and see if that helps.

I decided to give it a try as well; let us see if anyone can make out what is being spoken: :D

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by CP5670
That's not too bad actually, although it is difficult to determine what is being said. Try cutting down on the mixing slightly and see if that helps.

I decided to give it a try as well; let us see if anyone can make out what is being spoken: :D

reports from the last sighting show that the convoy is made up of four argo class personell carriers. these will be our primary targets. the bcc (?)is also guarding the convoy and it is advised to take this ship down before going after the transports. exact enemy force composition is unknown but intelligence does not expect a hard fight.
The convoy is currently passing through a small asteroid field. the radio interference caused by the rock movements should give us the advantage of surprise at least momentarily.

Hmm, now I didn't have time to mix in the actual vasudan voice....

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by vyper

reports from the last sighting show that the convoy is made up of four argo class personell carriers. these will be our primary targets. the bcc (?)is also guarding the convoy and it is advised to take this ship down before going after the transports. exact enemy force composition is unknown but intelligence does not expect a hard fight.
The convoy is currently passing through a small asteroid field. the radio interference caused by the rock movements should give us the advantage of surprise at least momentarily.

Hmm, now I didn't have time to mix in the actual vasudan voice....

That's the BCC Erimus I think
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
AGH! Now I can't see the wave files at all!
vyper, now I can't see any icons denoting the wavefiles in your first post at all. Did you remove the uploaded files from your post?

Oh, BTW, I'm using an Internet Explorer browser. And, yes, I DO have Windows Media Explorer, so I can't figure out why I can't successfully click on your wave files on my comp. However, when I went to my school library earlier tonight, I DID see the Media Player bar on your two files, but not your third one. I pressed play, but the library comps don't have speakers, so I couldn't hear the files anyway.:mad:

Oh, BTW, one more thing. On my comp I don't see the Media Player control bar (even though I DO have Media Player!); instead a see a small square icon that is black on the top and left sides and the remaining space is white with a yellow diamond with a blue and red stripe directly beneath it. Every time I click on this icon, my comp saus "No viewer available" and then asks me if I want to DL "microsoft ActiveX Gallery".

Are these wavefiles or X-Wavefiles or what? :confused:

Can anyone put these in a zipfile and send them to me via e-mail?

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
That is pretty close actually; here is the real text. (this is just some briefing excerpt from a mission in my campaign) I need to try mechanizing the effect a bit less and also placing more emphasis on certain words while speaking.

Reports from the last sighting show that the convoy is made up of four Argo-class personnel carriers, and these will be our primary targets. The PCC Elymus is also guarding the convoy, and it is advisable to take this ship down before going after the transports. Exact enemy force composition is unknown, but intelligence does not expect a hard fight. The convoy is currently passing through a small asteroid field, and the radio interference caused by the rock movements should give us the advantage of surprise at least momentarily. Good luck.

Su-tehp, see if this helps:
http://www.geocities.com/lionrampant31uk/vasudan2.wav
http://www.geocities.com/lionrampant31uk/darth.wav
http://www.geocities.com/lionrampant31uk/wheee1.wav
http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/procyon/misc/test02.wav
http://www.geocities.com/lionrampant31uk/argo1.wav

Mine at least (the fourth one) is a 22khz file with MS ADPCM encoding, which is the same type that FS2 uses, so you should have no trouble in playing the file itself. The problems probably have something to do with the WMP implementation within Internet Explorer.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2002, 12:30:58 am by 296 »

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
What are you doing to make it Vasudanified. Personally I use goldwave, and mechanize stuff to about 20%, works quite well.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by Petrarch of th VBB
What are you doing to make it Vasudanified. Personally I use goldwave, and mechanize stuff to about 20%, works quite well.

You're on the right track. ;)  Pitch a few ideas and see wot happens. :lol:

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I can make everything from scratch
I start off with something like this for the untranslated vasudan
just act like you've got something in you're throught that doesn't want to be there

then I use the pitch tool and reduce it to about .75, makeing sure to preserve lenght

then I make a new file for the translated speach

then mechanise it by 30

then I mix them

I did all that in about two minutes so it isn't the best it could be but you get the point
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
ah, the pitch is definately what I got wrong. I pitched too little.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
CP, I hope you got all this stuff written down. There might be more than a little Vasudan speech recording needed for DatDB.:D

God, I love scripting my campaign!:cool:

The Order of the Stick

Offline Joey_21

• http://denebsystem.cjb.net/
Originally posted by Bobboau
I can make everything from scratch
I start off with something like this for the untranslated vasudan
just act like you've got something in you're throught that doesn't want to be there

then I use the pitch tool and reduce it to about .75, makeing sure to preserve lenght

then I make a new file for the translated speach

then mechanise it by 30

then I mix them

I did all that in about two minutes so it isn't the best it could be but you get the point

:yes: That's the kind of stuff I've always been looking for.

Note to self: must....remember.....to...get....mic....when...home. :mad: