Author Topic: Levels of classification  (Read 5870 times)

Offline diamondgeezer

Levels of classification
Now, I know this has been discussed before, but I couldnae fid the topic. How odd.

So - how does the 'official' GTVA classification system work? Basically, could someone rank 'em lowest to highest, style o' thing?

Cheers

[EDIT] For KT's benefit - you know, like like level Rho, level Phi, whatever...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2002, 05:57:30 pm by 170 »

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
specify
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
The levels are classified by the greek alphabet, the same alphabet used to name gtva wings.  They are classified by relative level, what rank can view them , and where. Ex, I beleave Omega is only users granted by the GTVA security council, while Alpha would be any dumbass who can read a computer.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline diamondgeezer

On that basis, I'll just bull**** the whole thing, I guess :)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
So you meant clearance levels.. what you said could have meant anything :) from classifing planets to "A class threat" - "C class threat"

Go with the words of vadar. i concure.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline diamondgeezer

Furry muff

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by diamondgeezer
Furry muff

"The information I am about to divulge is classified Level FurryMuff. Unauthorized disclosure of such information is punishable by forced viewing of Teletubbies reruns for 9 months straight by the GTVA Sanity Act, Section 4, Subsection 18, Paraghaph 2."
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by Sandwich
"The information I am about to divulge is classified Level FurryMuff. Unauthorized disclosure of such information is punishable by forced viewing of Teletubbies reruns for 9 months straight by the GTVA Sanity Act, Section 4, Subsection 18, Paraghaph 2."

A fate worse than death!:eek: :D
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, kappa, lambda, mu, nu, xi, omicron, pi, rho, sigma, tau, upsilon, phi, chi, psi, and omega.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Lowest --> Highest, right Sesq?
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Yes

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Su-tehp

A fate worse than death!:eek: :D

And to think that in our boredom and desperation, we used to watch TeleTubbies in the Army.... wow. :shaking:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
Alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, kappa, lambda, mu, nu, xi, omicron, pi, rho, sigma, tau, upsilon, phi, chi, psi, and omega.

And in this moment I would like to thank you for reciting the greek alphabet.

thank you for reciting the greek alphabet.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
And for a bonus point, say how many letters are used in science, and for what!:ha: ;7 :lol: :D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
...mu, nu...

Hey, it's those infernal gunboat wings from Tie Fighter! :lol:

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Gunboats were my favorite Imperial Vessel!  Armed like an assault craft, flies like a fighter! W00t! :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by IceFire
Gunboats were my favorite Imperial Vessel!  Armed like an assault craft, flies like a fighter! W00t! :)

Meh - they were cool as far as that goes, but I think the whole idea behind them (especially design-wise) was a big cop-out. Should've stayed loyal to TIEs. :D

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Originally posted by Sandwich

And to think that in our boredom and desperation, we used to watch TeleTubbies in the Army.... wow. :shaking:

What? :wtf:

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Originally posted by Killfrenzy
Lowest --> Highest, right Sesq?

Presumably.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
That'd make sense, becaue the Colossus was classified Rho, and there is no way it was super-secret.  I mean, honestly, how does one build a six kilometer long ship without a lot of people knowing about it?  Perhaps the lower levels (alpha, beta, ..., xi) aren't used though.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM