Author Topic: Major eyecandy  (Read 11390 times)

Offline Solatar

Here are some screenshots of some of the backgrounds in the Unification
War demo. You can also see one of the new ships, the GTF Mustang Alpha.

Planet and new sun glow

Back of Mustang Alpha and sunglow

Nebula

GTF Mustang Alpha

What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2003, 07:29:23 pm by 561 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Isn't that sun glow the subspace glow rotated 90 degrees?

But still, it isn't bad, Nice and colorful.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Solatar

Yeah, it is. But I really though it looked good as a sun. Makes it look like a render.

See the engine glows on the Mustang Alpha? You can't see the difference that much, but they are beamglow-something- .pcx

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
The suns ok, kool colors and the verticle lines are interesting..

Mustang look cool, but it is wingless! :eek: :eek2: :wink: :eek2: :eek:

looks nice.

Oh, while we're at it, can we get closer shots of the Mustang?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Solatar

Screens of the Mustang Alpha will come later, as well as the Mustang Beta.

EDIT: And remember, these screenshots would not have been possible if it weren't for the HUD toggle option. Thanx SCP!

As for the vertical line, I've seen them in loads of renders, as well as the fs1 opening cutscene. I think it looks pretty cool.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2002, 05:33:15 am by 691 »

Looks interesting..

And remember in space you don't need wings!
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Solatar

Only problem is that we won't be able to do this great backgrounds in the Unification War, as in Sol there is just one star. but I WILL get some backgrounds for the planets.

Originally posted by Hades
Only problem is that we won't be able to do this great backgrounds in the Unification War, as in Sol there is just one star. but I WILL get some backgrounds for the planets.

When will the new model for the Alpha be up for DL?
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Solatar

From now on, nothing is released to the public (No Models, and weapons, but screenshots are okay:D) until the main Unification War. If you really want to see the latest stuff bad, and you are a GOOD FREDer, then be a FREDer.

That Beta version was just to let my team get a feel for what might go on. But I decided to let you guys have it, see if any good missions were produced out of it. Authors of good missions were going to be considered as FREDers.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2002, 11:50:19 am by 691 »

Originally posted by Hades
From now on, nothing is released to the public (No Models, and weapons, but screenshots are okay:D) until the main Unification War. If you really want to see the latest stuff bad, and you are a GOOD FREDer, then be a FREDer.

That Beta version was just to let my team get a feel for what might go on. But I decided to let you guys have it, see if any good missions were produced out of it. Authors of good missions were going to be considered as FREDers.

Got any more good screenys? I love to look at that kind of stuff!:nod:
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Solatar

We have even better effects now, and I may release take some pics and release them tomorrow.

Offline Nuclear1

Slow down, people. Save the screenies and goodies.... ;)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Solatar

Why? I haven't even released a fraction of what we could release without spoiling it.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
I think you should tune the color down on the suns..... it's far too intense.  I think FS had it pretty good actually.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
I dunno... I always thought the FS suns looked a little washed-out.

Somewhere in the middle would probably look best.
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I agree with Shrike. We may have a 'yellow' sun, but when you look at it it isn't THIS kind of yellow.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Originally posted by ZylonBane
I dunno... I always thought the FS suns looked a little washed-out.

Somewhere in the middle would probably look best.
That's true.  One thing that IW2 pulled off was good environmental lighting, if the suns were (at times) rather brilliantly colored.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey, the Mustang A looks great! A bit like a predecessor to the Zeus. I like. :nod:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hey, Steak likes our stuff!  Yay!  *dances around*

We'll have to get some recent stuff posted.  Shrike had better finish that Damocles soon... :nervous:

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Indeed, the Mustang looks very cool.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell