Author Topic: Problems with both demo's  (Read 5171 times)

Problems with both demo's
i downloaded the demo's and decided to try the first one so i installed it in the usual fasion and started up fs2. about halfway through the first mission (after the ancients and shivans have arrived) the game crashes for no apparant reason.

After this i tryed updating the demo but that didnt fix it. So then i went to demo 2 but i couldnt work out where to put the vp file (when i put it in the root or in data it doesnt appear in the campaign menu or in the single missions menu).

Im probably being thick and there are perfectly g00d reasons for this but i wouldnt mind fixing this before you release the mod so i can play it.

Any one know whats wrong????

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
For Demo 1, maybe you have a missing file? There were quite a few additional files with that one. For Demo 2, have the vp in the root directory. Maybe extract the mission files into the /data/missions folder. I'm just guessing here.

Offline Razor

Did we forget something here people? Hm
Oh yeah!

:yes: :D WELCOME TO THE HLP B_T :D :yes:
Exits are at the back left. In case of a fight, shotguns are under the seats and watch out for the flame throwers in the air-vents on your way out.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
For the first demo, make sure you have the patch otherwise FS2 will complain about missing files.

The second the VP file goes into the root folder, and the missions should be the tech room under single missions. Make sure you have no other mods installed as they may interfere with the VP file.

What kind of error is it actually, does FS2 say anything on closing or does it just quit to desktop?

Offline Nuclear1

Somehow I get attracted to where new people are....

Exits are to the rear and left in case of emergency and shotguns are under the seats. Knife fights are strictly prohibited in favor of more interesting 20mm mortar duels and paper mache battles. Thank you for your time and enjoy your stay.

:D
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Razor

Originally posted by nuclear1
Somehow I get attracted to where new people are....

Knife fights are strictly prohibited in favor of more interesting 20mm mortar duels and paper mache battles. Thank you for your time and enjoy your stay.

:D

20 mm? That's cheap! I say we start using rocket launchers from now on before Shrike establishes a weapons embargo. ;7 :shaking:

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Razor

20 mm? That's cheap! I say we start using rocket launchers from now on before Shrike establishes a weapons embargo. ;7 :shaking:

bah... who needs rocket launchers when we have good ol' mortars? ;7
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

thanks for the greeting everyone.

i did try patching it and that didnt fix it, i have no other mods installed and freespace 2 just quits, It doesnt show any error.

As for the second demo ill give it another try

i just tryed the second demo and exactly the same thing happened. Just after the acients ship fires its second volley of beams and missiles the game just quits.

In the first demo the same thing happens, it seems to be just after the acients arrive and start shooting.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
What's your system specs?
If your using an older PC, that could be the problem.

Offline Razor

Originally posted by nuclear1

bah... who needs rocket launchers when we have good ol' mortars? ;7

Wait. You're a nuclear one. Mortars are like baby toys for ya.
*Runz*

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Razor

Wait. You're a nuclear one. Mortars are like baby toys for ya.
*Runz*

ah hah... a point you have... :cool:

Yeah happened to me too first time...

I forgot exacly what the promblem was but as soon as the ancients appears and started shooting the game crashed.  I finally got it to work but think it involved the demo 1 fix, or some textures, or editing a ship talble (Sorry I am probably not helping)...

Guess what, when a fred error crashed my all mod the only things I could access were inferno ships (vesuvious became default fred ship) even though EVERYTHING was erased and it shouldn't be possible! :lol:  DIE inferno DIE@!!!!

kidding... I love the demos and can't wait for the REAL thing!

Till then I'll just keep chanting one mantra "DOOMHAMMER!"
:nervous:
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Star Dragon
Yeah happened to me too first time...

Guess what, when a fred error crashed my all mod the only things I could access were inferno ships (vesuvious became default fred ship) even though EVERYTHING was erased and it shouldn't be possible! :lol:  DIE inferno DIE@!!!!

:wtf: cool new weird bug :D

Originally posted by Star Dragon
I love the demos and can't wait for the REAL thing!

Well the wait may soon be over ;)

Offline Nuclear1

Re: Re: don't give up on it
Originally posted by Woomeister

Well the wait may soon be over ;)

ooo....

;7 the wooman's about to reveal his masterpiece

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
[glow=red]It's coming..

You can't stop it...

Be afraid...
[/glow]

[glow=orange]INFERNO [/glow]
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

my pc's specs are...

amd duron 650, voodoo 5 5500, 256mbs RAM, 1 20gb hd and 1 80 gb hd, soundblaster live. Thats about all that could possibly have an affect on it, unless you want to know the case name.

thx for trying to help any way

Offline Razor

Oh yes it's comming. Since some of the new guys (maybe ladies) and I joined the FRED team, Inferno is going pretty well. I have 2 more missions to finish. One is allready done. Woomeister, E-MAIL CHECK IS A1 SUPAR. ;) Make sure you play in the dark and cold cause you are really in for a scare. MWHAHAHAHA!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Yea, you'll get really scurred when that big ass ship flys in and blows up the romulans alternate universe with a big super nova, which creates a supspace portal to sol and then they go to sol and try to blow it up, but Petrarch uses the GTVA's newfound Temporal Anomoly Colossus and Brings back 100 Colossus, the Borg, and Adolf Hitler to come in and kill all the shivans. Then Bosch comes back and him and hitler Make love all over the milky way and yeah

[glow=blue] TEH END [/glow]

Oh deary me.. Woo will have my sack this time...
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by British_Trouble
my pc's specs are...

amd duron 650, voodoo 5 5500, 256mbs RAM, 1 20gb hd and 1 80 gb hd, soundblaster live. Thats about all that could possibly have an affect on it, unless you want to know the case name.

thx for trying to help any way

Well I run them on a P3 650 MHz, Ati Rage Fury, 128mb SDRam, 25 GB HD, Windows 98

Doesn't look like it's a spec problem...