Author Topic: Beams, Custom Beams  (Read 7478 times)

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Originally posted by SKYNET-011
PhotoShop is the way to go!:nod:

Only if you can afford it. What photoshop 7? £500 or something stupid?

anyway, it quite easy to make beams in PSP, just make a gradient fill, and put it horizontally across the image.

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
Who needs PhotoShop 7? I use 4!
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB

Only if you can afford it. What photoshop 7? £500 or something stupid?

anyway, it quite easy to make beams in PSP, just make a gradient fill, and put it horizontally across the image.

*strokes PS7 CD*

£5 bucks cost me, and it came with shed loads of extras on the cd, Plugins, filters, presets, fonts, upgrades for other adobe stuff and loads other stuff i havent bothered looking at
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
Originally posted by Styxx

Same here. :D

(btw, those were not done in PSP nor Photoshop)

What where those beams done in? PLZZZZZZ tell me! :confused: I'm drooling here!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2002, 05:49:25 pm by 981 »
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

Maybe it's MS PhotoDraw. I'll experiment and give you a few results. Don't know about the 'muzzle flashes', though. They're weird and very nice.
"Once I destroyed the world with nuclear fire to clear the way for my cybernetic future. I now intend to further shape the world into my own image by surgically removing unwanted growths like yourself!"
- NEXUS, Warzone 2100

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Styxx
I'd tell you the perfect tool for making beam textures, but then I'd have to kill you.

[CENSORED BY MACHINA TERRA MINISTRY OF CLASSIFIED TECHNOLOGY]
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
As a guess, and to get back on topic, I'd say render some clouds with a certain color tinge, stretch them out, and use that as beam textures. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Noise

• http://www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html
Try the Aurora weapons pack.  I forget were I got it from, but the beam changes colour while its firing, nifty.;)
"The point of war is not to die for your country, the point is to make some other poor bastard die for his."

Into to the Depths of Hell Campaign Site
www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
bah! all you people using this fancy graphics software are wimps; the real man does pixel editing in Paint! ;7

:D

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Originally posted by Sheepy

£5 bucks cost me, and it came with shed loads of extras on the cd, Plugins, filters, presets, fonts, upgrades for other adobe stuff and loads other stuff i havent bothered looking at

You probably shouldn't talk about it, else Thunder will be wont for to smite you down, with his smitting club.

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Setekh
[CENSORED BY MACHINA TERRA MINISTRY OF CLASSIFIED TECHNOLOGY]

;7
Probably away. Contact through email.

This may seem ignorant to the source code changes, but is there any way to make the beam PCX's tile? I have made a rather nice rainbow beam using Photodraw and Paint's pixel editing (to create black patches in the beam), but it is all stretched out along the beam length and it looks terrible.

Also, I think I know where that muzzle flash came from. It looks like a certain wall hit in Descent 3. I'll try again to make a nice beam.
"Once I destroyed the world with nuclear fire to clear the way for my cybernetic future. I now intend to further shape the world into my own image by surgically removing unwanted growths like yourself!"
- NEXUS, Warzone 2100

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Indeed there is.  You can also have the textures move along the beam.  When version 3.4 comes out in the next few days, download it.  To make a beam with tiling, read this.  It works marvellously.  Try my Shivan Super Laser Beam for an example.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

AHHHH.....those beams look real yummy...so now, I've missed a lot since my absence, huh? Can you tell me how to get those beams done? How to mess around with different types of beams? Those beams are crazy (I'm talking about the one hitting the Aeolus BTW). IMHO Those are the greatest beams ever placed in FS2.

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
Actually, the Aeolus is FIRING the beams.:nod:

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
I still say that those should be hits :p ;)
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Anaz

wow...if tileing is done by section...that could lead to some really cool effects...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Deepblue
Ha!!! *Jumps in Inferno's Icanus and charges big beam*

*jumps in Gigas*

Hmm.... I wonder what this does....

*presses button labeled Beam-Free-All*
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
Or Corel PhotoPaint.  (Uber alles!)

Yays! Corel PhotoPaint, wooo! (I use that and PSP)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
Originally posted by nuclear1

*jumps in Gigas*

Hmm.... I wonder what this does....

*presses button labeled Beam-Free-All*

*Charges Ion Cannon* :devil: