Author Topic: .ani - .gif?  (Read 2063 times)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Any way to make .ani's into .gif's? I'm sure this has been asked before, I just wasn't able to find anything on it due to the fact that the search is limited to 4 letters...anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

-edit- if also someone knows how to convert .wav's to MIDI's it'd also be great :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2003, 02:30:16 pm by 461 »

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
I'm not aware of an tool to automatically convert ANIs to GIFs, but you could always do it manually with ANIVIEW and any animated GIF maker.

WAV-to-MIDI... man, don't even go there. WAVs are a stream of waveform data. MIDIs are basically note lists. Imagine the problem of optical character recognition, only an order of magnitude more complex.
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Joey_21

• http://denebsystem.cjb.net/
Originally posted by BD
-edit- if also someone knows how to convert .wav's to MIDI's it'd also be great :)

Music conversion is all in your musical skill. Don't waste your time with bullplop software that doesn't work correctly. It'd be best to learn how to transcribe a song into musical notes by ear. :nod:

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I'd rather have ani replaced by avi honestly...
SCREW CANON!

Offline Solatar

Or at least let the .pcx files used in the .ani's use a 16.7 million color pallette.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Erm, do all your work in 16 mil, then convert it at the end.  Unless you have a graphics program that we should point and laugh at, it'll look nearly indistinguishable in the end.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
So give me a before and after shot.

Corel Photopaint 10:
24-bit colour:

8-bit colour:

Also, you will notice that the 24-bit takes much longer to load.  This will be true in game as much as it is on the net.  Ergo, 8-bit=better.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2003, 05:10:24 pm by 448 »
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Well thank you guys, mostly to Zylon though since he mentioned Anipreview so I went from there and created

Thanks again :)

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
I usually do this using Aniview32 to export the indivdual frames, then make a gif out of them using Adobe ImageReady (comes with Photoshop).
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan