Author Topic: Foul Language  (Read 33245 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
After 15 minutes browsing the boards for the first time in 3 weeks, the first thing I notice is a marked increase in crude, filthy language in posts.

Can it, guys. :doubt:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
:nod:

*gives everyone a happy pill*

I just returned as well and I must say, I agree

(Though I must say I'm not totally innocent as well :p)
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Don't remember if I've said something...hope not.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
*grumbles*
*curses under breath*
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I personally did not notice anything, but I only looked a couple of threads and I guess I have gotten used to seeing profanity everywhere anyway... :p :D

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I haven't pointed any fingers, and I'm not planning on doing so. But considering this is a public board, those of you who are unable to control your overly-peverse minds and mouths will find themselves the direct cause of word-filters being reinstated - a feature that has been disabled since the move to vB.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by an0n
*curses under breath*

[color=66ff00]Keep it up. ;) [/color]

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Word filters are EVIL!
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by Sandwich
I haven't pointed any fingers, and I'm not planning on doing so. But considering this is a public board, those of you who are unable to control your overly-peverse minds and mouths will find themselves the direct cause of word-filters being reinstated - a feature that has been disabled since the move to vB.

It depends what are you meaning under overly-peverse words...

Spoiler:
crap, damn, ****, ****

or those that an0n was using when The Rift still existed.

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
LOL A word search for f**k gets 54 topics :P

Others got up to 300 topics  lol

It is a touch overboard.
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i try to use as little if any bad language as possible... in fact, of the four bad words (i'm assuming) i'll bet i've only said like 2 or 3 of them.

hehehe, between an0n and Stryke they probably have about 99% of the bad words :D

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
**** you.

do you want to get banned from HLP too for using foul language?

c'mon dude, chill, he just said not to use foul language!

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
******-slaps Stealth*

Anyway: I've already been banned from HLP :D.  err....:(.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
******-slaps Stealth*

Anyway: I've already been banned from HLP :D.  err....:(.

c'mon dude :D

did VWBB ever 'unban' you? (yet)

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
.........Eh? When was I banned from the VWBB?

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
[color=33ff00]As always I think this issue is being taken lightly.

an0n most of your antics can be passed off as funny but you push it far too often and usually in inappropriate circumstances. Tone it down.

[/color]

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
**** you.

:D good comment
« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 11:14:59 am by 517 »

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Originally posted by Maeglamor
[color=33ff00]As always I think this issue is being taken lightly.

an0n most of your antics can be passed off as funny but you push it far too often and usually in inappropriate circumstances. Tone it down.

[/color]

I can't help it. I see every warning as a challenge and blatantly ignore it as an act of defiance.

Pity me :(.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

I see every warning as a challenge and blatantly ignore it as an act of defiance.

It's not a warning. It's a threat. Deal with it.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
What's a threat?