Author Topic: 3.5 Release imminent  (Read 7942 times)

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Once more I humbly requect that someone consider in-engine cutscenes. If soeone cannot make a cutscene of the sort already in game, then one could be made in the game engine, in FREDm but saved in some new format, rather than a mission. or even as a mission, but with the player whereever the camera is. It would be a lot like cutscenes in OFP.

Offline Inquisitor

Well, when we figure out how to code it, we'll let ya know ;)
No signature.

Offline Inquisitor

Bob: what crashing bug? Did you submit it to bugzilla?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2003, 01:15:14 pm by 122 »
No signature.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Also, some of the things included in the recent releases such as ballistic primaries, glow points, and glow maps require other files.  Would the source code crew kindly include the files required by the additions?  This would be very helpful.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I asked someone to confirm if they were getting a bug that crashed only in relese build that caused the game to crash when restarting a campain, I saw it first when I was trying to fix the fighter beams, I don't think it was my code, but I can't be sure
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Rampage
Also, some of the things included in the recent releases such as ballistic primaries, glow points, and glow maps require other files.  Would the source code crew kindly include the files required by the additions?  This would be very helpful.

http://www.evilnet.net/~mechwar3d/fs2_open.zip

If you notice something missing from the VP, get ahold of me and I'll add it to the VP. :nod:

On a side note, I think it's about time the FSSCP started to commision some modders for rejuvenating FS with new media to go with the new features. Specifically, I'm thinking of glow points and glow maps (There are a few that aren't done).
-C

Offline Inquisitor

WM: pop online, I'll give you the password to upload that to the warpcore server.

Also, I have a question about the DX8 includes :)
No signature.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Originally posted by Knight Templar
sweet :D

hey inquisitor, you check out the stuff I suggested in that PM?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline redmenace

Attn. Bobboau or inquisitor
Will we be able to use 3.5 in TBP and the BWO demo?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Inquisitor

KT: I heard you the first time.

Dev team:

I committed dxguid, ddraw, and strmiids.lib from to fs2_open/code/directx

But for some reason, my updated workspace doesn't want to committ...

Soooooo...

right-click directx folder, click add files to folder, and use the open dialog to add the above 3 files

go to project | settings and select the 'code' project. open the directx folder and select vDdraw.lib and vDxguid.lib, then click "Exclude file...", then click OK

Thanks to WM for the help. I do not THINK you need the whole dx8 sdk now, it should compile without it with those files, so update and try it.

About to make a release...
No signature.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Can you please clear out this DX8 SDK thing, do we all have to download and install it?

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
no only us devs, you just have to be up to dx8(.1?)
if there is going to be a merge with the DX8 branch we could have some major coolness comeing
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by Bobboau
no only us devs, you just have to be up to dx8(.1?)
if there is going to be a merge with the DX8 branch we could have some major coolness comeing

Indeed it must be the latest DX8 release, as I found out when I beta tested the DX stuff. I gave RT a severe headache for days until he figured out I wasn't up to 8.1b (I think) ;)
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Inquisitor

Users just need the DX8 runtimes.

SDK stands for Software Developement Kit, so unless you are messing with the source, you don't need it.
No signature.

Offline Raptor

Originally posted by Inquisitor
Users just need the DX8 runtimes.

SDK stands for Software Developement Kit, so unless you are messing with the source, you don't need it.

whips brow

Phew!  Thank god for that!
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I suppose it is compatible with DX9 too, yes?

Offline Inquisitor

You tell me when it's released ;)

But I do not see why not...
No signature.

Offline Fry_Day

The DirectX 9 SDK is released (And they even let you choose which language to download the SDK for, which reduces the size to just around 100MB for the C/++ SDK), and although I haven't checked, it MUST be able to compile under the new SDK, as DirectX SDKs are always backwards compatible (Which is why you can compile FreeSpace 2 with the DirectX 8 SDK without porting it to DirectX 8 in the first place).

Offline Inquisitor

But you need VS.Net.

Which I ain't shelling out for just yet.
No signature.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
it might be a good idea for us to put together a file pack to activate the new SC changes, things like the warp model (wich might still be required:nervous: ), glow maps, and a bunch of cool weapon effects, and prety much every change is designed to not activate unless specificly told to via a table or mission flag,
maybe we should invoke the modders.

also make sure we let out a FRED_open

Ok I just fixed the "warp model crashing when I can't find it" bug, commiting...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2003, 10:46:01 am by 57 »
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3