Author Topic: A(nother) easter egg.  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Ever watched the tech room anim for the GTVA? Well, when it gets to displaying the Terran and Vasudan ship classes, tehre is a green box with the contractors' neams in it. One of these contractors is "Baranec Aquisitions". Dave Baranec, anyone? There are also an "Agay Compensators", and some others.

It is hard to see, and I only found it on 2x zoom in aniview.

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB
Ever watched the tech room anim for the GTVA? Well, when it gets to displaying the Terran and Vasudan ship classes, tehre is a green box with the contractors' neams in it. One of these contractors is "Baranec Aquisitions". Dave Baranec, anyone? There are also an "Agay Compensators", and some others.

It is hard to see, and I only found it on 2x zoom in aniview.

On what for a frame number is it?
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Find it yourself, i'm too lazy.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
This is already known; in fact, I had made a list of all of the corporations in the FS2 command briefings (it used to be in a thread here as well, but it got wiped out in the recent crash), and over half of them correspond to the names of Volition staff. Almost every one of the major Volition guys have a corporation named after them. :D

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Just look at the contractor names in the Colossus cutscene.... i.e. Snapka Flegel (Kelly Snapka was, IIRC , an artist for FS2)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
The Perseus in the FS2 Beta was developed by Kresco :D
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I thought we already knew that the developers used their names for the FS corperations...  Didn't realize it infiltrated the tech room though...
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM