Author Topic: A little render  (Read 2725 times)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Well, I thought I'd have a go with Truespace's rendering functions and see what I could crank out.  This is, I guess, technically my first render.  It's missing engine glow and a decent background, but not having a decent paint program I had to work with what I had.

Click the image for a desktop-sized version.  If the image is an x, then the link will be too, wait until the end of the hour and the bandwidth consumption will drop.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2003, 01:10:48 am by 570 »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4

Offline J.F.K.

Looks good, what are those ships? I don't recognise them.
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
That's part of my fleet ;)  Well, the Raynor (the big one) isn't mine, I just turreted it and got it in to FS2, but the others are all my creations.  My signature has a page with other such models.  The other two, the Hyperion and the Ajax (names at least partially visible on both) are relatively new ships.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
I wish I had a brighter background for this thing though; as it is you can't ell that all of the tuurets have been moved.

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Is the Hyperion based on the Taiidan Standard Destroyer from HomeWorld? 'Cos it looks a lot like it.

Offline Anaz

weeiiirrrd....I made a starfield, and it looks almost exactly like that...(http://www.tgfx.com/travis/freighter_background_2.jpg)
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Yes, the Hyperion was based on the HW taiidan destroyer, and I got that background from Sandwich.  It looks like pretty standard fractal noise though.  And your background isn't nearly as starry as mine, though it may look like it on smaller images.

Offline Anaz

lol...yours has more stars, but mine has been told that space needed to be blacker! And yeah, I did fractal noise and then added some brighter stars by hand.
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Cool ships! :yes:
Don't make any effort.  Just do everything really half-assed.  Thats the american way!!!

"The lobsta claw's gonna get ya!"~Harry from 3rd Rock From the Sun

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Originally posted by Analazon
lol...yours has more stars, but mine has been told that space needed to be blacker! And yeah, I did fractal noise and then added some brighter stars by hand.

I think instead of 'blacker' a better way to have said it would be lessen the noise.  If you actually just doubled the hand done stars and removed the noise layer completely it'd look alot better IMO.  But the noise is just ...too much. But other wise the image looks real good ;)
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Tip: one you've done your noise effect and gray scale, fiddle with the contrast options.  Increase it to about 50 (in PSP) and then fiddle the brightness, brighter = more stars.
This gives stars of varied brightness and you can thin them out a bit too.

"Your cynicism appauls me Collosus - I have ten thousand officers and crew willing to die for pants !"

"Go to red alert!"
"Are you sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb"

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
yeah, but there's too many stars there. much too many. damn, just go out at 12pm and look at the sky ;)
so i,crease the contrast and lower the brightness, you'll get fewer stars, but some will be very bright and others  much darker.

for the render itself, more contrast migh be good, coz there it looks all dark. shadow are fine, but the lightened parts aren't bright enough.
SCREW CANON!

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
Nice but I think a little more lighting is required. A bit too dark, you know what I mean?:D