Author Topic: Bastion cutscene transcript  (Read 3604 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Bastion cutscene transcript
I`ve been adding transcripts of the cutscenes to my FAQ. The only problem is the Bastion cutscene. I've got all the words down but I`m not certain if I`ve got the correct pilots saying them cause pilot 1 and 3 sound very similar to me.

If anyone has a better ear than me for this sort of thing I'd appreciate any corrections. I`d also appreciate it if anyone can match the voices with their FRED persona's (obviously I can do the female one myself) :)

Anyway. Here's the transcript

Allied Command One thousend metres to go, thirty seconds and counting.
Pilot 1 We've got incoming Alpha, four O'clock
Pilot 2 Target aquired, I`m locked on.
Allied Command Twenty five seconds. Get more fighter cover on the Bastion, pilot. We're almost there. Standing by to initiate detonation sequence.
Pilot 3 I got him. I got him. Oh Yeah. Bandit down.
Pilot 1 Beautiful kill sir.  
Allied Command 10..9..
Pilot 1 Bastion's all clear, command.
Allied Command ..8..7..6..5..4..3..Remote detonation sequence initiated. Stage 1....Stage 2....Stage 3....Remote detonation sequence complete.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
I think Pilot 1 is alpha 1
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well since he calls one of the other pilots in his wing Sir I doubt it. Plus I`ve heard that voice before. It definately belongs to one of the other pilots in the game. I just can`t remember which one.

In the meanwhile I`ve run into another problem with the Colossus cutscene. The problem is I can`t understand Khonsu II :)

Here's a snippet of his speach

Together we built a civilisation on the ruins of the great war, and now we stand on the threshold of a new era of prosperity and harmony. In **** the Colossus the vasudan people celebrate our programme of peaceful coexistence and mutual defence of ****.

Can anyone fill in the blanks?

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Hippo
I think Pilot 1 is alpha 1

Well, it sounds more like he's in another wing, because he's talking to Alpha wing... I reckon if he was in Alpha wing, he wouldn't need to say the Alpha.  Not that it matters.

BTW, I'm sure someone did transcripts for all the cutsceners (maybe for FSURP)... I definately know someone did Boshc's scenes.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I had written down the speech in the Colossus cutscene a while ago just for reference:

The following is classified level Rho. Unauthorized access is punishable under the GTVA security act, Deneb Convention, section 21.3.5.

We vanquished the Shivans in the Great War, but the hard questions remained. How would we confront the threat of future invasion? The Shivans might arrive at any time, any place. How would we fight the next threat to the very existence of our species?

In 2345, on the tenth anniversary of the Shivan attack on Ross 128, the Vasudan emperor Khonsu the second addressed the newly formed GTVA General Assembly. The emperor inaugurated an ambitious and unprecented joint endeavor, the GTVA Colossus.

Together we have built a civilization from the ruins of the Great War, and now we stand on the threshold of a new era of prosperity and harmony. Project Colossus the Vasudan people celebrate as our shared covenant of peaceful coexistence and mutual defense of our Terran allies.

The Colossus is the most powerful space faring warship ever constructed. Spanning six kilometers from bow to stern, the Colossus has taken over twenty years to complete. Twelve Lucifer-class destroyers can fit within its massive hull. Its state of the art weaponry includes 45 laser turrets, 15 flak guns, 12 missile batteries and 12 beam cannons. The Colossus wields more firepower than five Orion class destroyers combined. 60 fighter and bombers wings are housed within its vast hangar and its crew numbers over 30000. Among its major contractors are industry giants Triton Dynamics, Subach-Innes and the Akheton Corporation.

The alliance now wages war on multiple fronts, Deneb, Alpha Centauri, Epsilon Pegasi and the mysterious nebula beyond Gamma Draconis. When deployed, the Colossus will end these conflicts swiftly and decisively. If ever the Shivans return to threaten our worlds we will be ready to face the challenge, securing peace for today, and for generations to come.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by CP5670
Project Colossus the Vasudan people celebrate as our shared covenant of peaceful coexistence and mutual defense of our Terran allies.  

I listen to the cutscene again and I think you`ve got it pretty much on the nose apart from the extra as.

Originally posted by CP5670
We vanquished the Shivans in the Great War, but the hard questions remained. How would we confront the threat of future invasion? The Shivans might arrive at any time, any place. How would we fight the next threat to the very existence of our species?

On the other hand I think I got this one closer. It should read

We vanquished the Shivans in the Great War but the hard questions remained. How would we confront the threat of future invasion? The Shivans might return at any time, any place, without warning. How would we fight the next threat to the very existence of our species?

Anyway the full text for all the cutscenes will be up as part of my FAQ within the hour. Thanks for the help CP
« Last Edit: March 01, 2003, 12:29:02 pm by 340 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Whoops, Double post. ummmm I`ll just move Aldo's reply here and act like I meant it all along :)

Originally posted by aldo_14

Well, it sounds more like he's in another wing, because he's talking to Alpha wing... I reckon if he was in Alpha wing, he wouldn't need to say the Alpha.  Not that it matters.

BTW, I'm sure someone did transcripts for all the cutsceners (maybe for FSURP)... I definately know someone did Boshc's scenes.

Too late. I`ve already done them all :) I figured that it would help me remember them better anyway :)
 As for what you say I agree that he's probably from another wing although it's not impossible that he uses the term even though in Alpha wing. Anyway leaving it as pilot 1 rather than alpha X solves that problem :)

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by karajorma

Together we built a civilisation on the ruins of the great war, and now we stand on the threshold of a new era of prosperity and harmony. In **** the Colossus the vasudan people celebrate our programme of peaceful coexistence and mutual defence of ****.

Can anyone fill in the blanks?

"Together we've built a civilization from the remains of the Great War, and now we stand on the threshold of a new era of prosperity and harmony. With Project Colossus, the Vasudan people celebrate our program of peaceful coexistence and mutual defense of our Terran allies."

Or something like that.

Well, it sounds more like he's in another wing, because he's talking to Alpha wing... I reckon if he was in Alpha wing, he wouldn't need to say the Alpha. Not that it matters.

That guy's Alpha 2. Remember, there were three or four wings in that mission, so just saying "We've got incoming, 4 o clock" could've been to anyone. I'm guessing Alpha was closer, thus the order for Alpha to go after it.

My God, I've turned into a nerd!
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Originally posted by nuclear1

My God, I've turned into a nerd!

It comes to us all.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I listen to the cutscene again and I think you`ve got it pretty much on the nose apart from the extra as.

You're right; thanks for the correction there.

Yeah, I actually did not hear the "as" either, but the sentence became a run-on without it and didn't make any sense, so I thought that I must have missed some small word in there. I think nuclear1's addition of "with" at the beginning sounds much better though, as that part is difficult to make out anyway.

*thinks Khonsu needs new translator batteries* :p

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Khonsu needs a kick in the teeth.

THOUGHT: Do Vasudan's have teeth?

Who cares what the damn cow-face is saying, we got the point.

PS: V was implying that pilot 3 was alpha 1.  And it's pilot 3 that says that the bastion is all clear.
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by demon442
Who cares what the damn cow-face is saying, we got the point.

Well since I`ve written down the cutscenes I wanted to get it correct :)

PS: V was implying that pilot 3 was alpha 1.  And it's pilot 3 that says that the bastion is all clear. [/B]

Maybe but the voice of all the pilots in the cutscene are also the voices of your wingmen.
 Secondly [V] went to huge lengths to make sure that Alpha 1 was never identified beyond the fact that he was human. I doubt that after all that effort they would make Alpha 1 speak. I mean they were even careful to make sure that alpha was never even identified as a man.
The pilot made this decision even after being advised of the impending catastrophe. Because of this sacrifice

Both sentences are really clunky cause they didn`t use He/She which would have been far more natural.

Offline Nuclear1

Both sentences are really clunky cause they didn`t use He/She which would have been far more natural.

That will change, young one. That will change. :thepimp:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

blah blah blah

What about the end cutscene in FS1?  It's obvious that alpha 1 is never named in-game, that would complicate the story, but in the cutscenes there are hints and the like everywhere.
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
A1 is mentioned in the end of fs2
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline karajorma

• Administrator

What about the end cutscene in FS1?  It's obvious that alpha 1 is never named in-game, that would complicate the story, but in the cutscenes there are hints and the like everywhere.

Hints? I`m not quite following you.

Originally posted by Hippo
A1 is mentioned in the end of fs2

I know that. My point was that We never find out if Alpha is male or female. In fact the only thing you can say about alpha is that he is human.

Hints? I`m not quite following you.

I really don't want to get into this debate.  You believe what you want, and i'll believe what I want.  And since there is an amazing shortage of V gods here, I doubt we'll ever know (that is unless some of us have the time to browse both HLP and VWBB).

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator

I really don't want to get into this debate.  You believe what you want, and i'll believe what I want.  And since there is an amazing shortage of V gods here, I doubt we'll ever know (that is unless some of us have the time to browse both HLP and VWBB).

It not that I disbelieve you. It's that I honestly don`t know what you`re on about cause I don`t play FS1 half as much as FS2.

We never find out if Alpha is male or female.

Also in the final cutscene where normaly you who have he or she it always says 'the pilot' instead. It sounds much more clumberson than he or she but was the right way to go.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon