Author Topic: Official Release fs2_open_3_5  (Read 13517 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Official Release fs2_open_3_5
dialog from the ship edit dialog that has a combo box with a list of all textures used on the ship's model and an edit box with the replacement texture for the currently selected texture, a check or something could determine weather it uses model replacement or not
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, that could work. :nod:

There would also have to be an option button for which type of texture replacement should be done (defaulting to the regular $Texture Replacement).

Offline diamondgeezer

Question for the SCP gods - I'm using ballistic primaries in both of my weapon banks , yet I still have a gun bar in my energy management system, and a gun reserve next to my reticle. Surely that's not right...

[EDIT] Wow, it's almost like the Oracle never went away... :devil:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We are not gods; we make mistakes. :p

Originally posted by diamondgeezer
I'm using ballistic primaries in both of my weapon banks , yet I still have a gun bar in my energy management system, and a gun reserve next to my reticle. Surely that's not right...

Probably because your weapons still consume energy.  Make sure that Weapon Eng is set to 0, and the bar should disappear.

EDIT: If that doesn't work, set your fighter's weapon energy capacity to 0 as well.  But you shouldn't need to do this - let me know if you do; it would be a bug. :)

[EDIT] Wow, it's almost like the Oracle never went away... :devil:

At Delphi? :lol:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2003, 08:48:29 pm by 561 »

Offline diamondgeezer

The weapons were both set to 0 energy. Setting the fighter's weapon energy to 0 got rid of the offending HUD stuff. So you have a bug :)

And did you never have a go with the Warpstorm Oracle?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The weapons were both set to 0 energy. Setting the fighter's weapon energy to 0 got rid of the offending HUD stuff. So you have a bug :)

Mph.  K, I'll have to fix that when I get back to school.  Have the ship set the OF_NO_LASERS flag when there are no energy-based weapons, in addition to when the ship doesn't have weapon energy.

And did you never have a go with the Warpstorm Oracle?

Nope.  Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by Goober5000
Have the ship set the OF_NO_LASERS flag when there are no energy-based weapons

Er... in the ship's flags, I assume?

Nope.  Qu'est-ce que c'est? [/B]

Basically, you asked the gods a question and they answered if they felt like it. Answering personalities included DivX: The Angry Drunken DVD Player, Mr T, Alpha 2, God, a Shivan and Richard Simmons, among many others... And for the most part they all hated each other...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Er... in the ship's flags, I assume?

I was talking to myself. :D That's what I have to do when I get back to my computer at school. :nod:

What are ballistic primaries? :confused:

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
A primary weapon that instead of using replenishable energy uses non replenishable ammo. eg bullets.

Offline Solatar

Like a secondary weapon.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Has anyone requested false sensor readings?

Like if you are 30k from your target, or in a nebula, and the target vessel is unable to be seen, your sensors will show another ship, like a Hecate would show a poseidon to throw off enemies...?

Could be useful for plots where the pkayer is sent to investigate, and such... no?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
For future reference...

I moved the ballistic primary reload sounds from 165-166 to 171-172 in order to avoid conflict with extra sounds people might put in their sounds.tbl.  This should be updated in the readme.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Looks like to me that FS2_OPEN 3.5 is quite buggy.  I'll just wait for FS2_OPEN 3.6, if you guys are done with playing Freelancer and are planning to move back.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by Rampage
Looks like to me that FS2_OPEN 3.5 is quite buggy.  I'll just wait for FS2_OPEN 3.6, if you guys are done with playing Freelancer and are planning to move back.

Aye...its still crashing for me sometimes although I can't quite place it, there are still phantom missile trails or missing missile trails, and it absolutely hates the TBP EA Olympus.  I have no idea why.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Inquisitor

More or less than 3.4?
No signature.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Maybe someone should upload an interim DX8 build.  So far it hasn't crashed for me.  The missile trails still sometimes don't show up, though.

Offline Inquisitor

I just compiled one yesterday, about to compile fred again.

I need to test multi, anyone around after about 4pm EST? Otherwise it waits till I get home and have 2 PC's handy :)
No signature.