Poll

Would you give your soul for FS3

No way man! I'm keeping my soul.
30 (39.5%)
Maybe, if this FS3 was going to be the greatest game ever.
13 (17.1%)
Where to I sign?
33 (43.4%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: March 07, 2003, 04:19:59 am

Author Topic: Your soul for FS3?  (Read 13413 times)

After reading this topic title I know what some of you are thinking, however this is a unserious topic which has very little about FS3, however read on

After having a rather late night discussion with a friend of mine about FreeSpace in general we got into a discusion about FS3 (or lack thereof). This friend happen then happen to ask whether I would give my soul for FS3.

Now since acording to certain regilous teaching I'm probably going to end up in the fiery pit of Hades anyhow, I said yes.

The question (and poll) therefore is: If the Devil himself appeared before you and offered FS3 for your soul, what would you say?
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline J.F.K.

I'm hoping that someone else will say yes. Then I can steal it off them and keep my soul :D
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
As resident theologian (or at least, the only one I know of here),  it is necessary for me to say that this poll is based on a giant heap of deeply and fundamentally flawed theological conceptions. That having been said:

:lol:

Edit: Oh, and I can't vote on that poll since, for the above stated reason, the question actually doesn't make any sense.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2003, 04:48:55 am by 448 »
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Tar-Palantir
The question (and poll) therefore is: If the Devil himself appeared before you and offered FS3 for your soul, what would you say?

rofl, I'd ask for something else than FS3, that's for sure :D
I'd ask him to switch places, in fact.
SCREW CANON!

hell yes, everything for FS3!!! (as long as it's made by :V:)
or even better, i'd make a bet with satan. a dogfight, i choose ships, if i win, i get FS3, if i loose, he get's my soul.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I have no soul - he'd be getting the rough end of the stick on that deal :D
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
of course! :D

Then again, how exactly would this devil obtain FS3? He's probably not much of a programmer himself, so he would have to scare the V guys into doing it... :D

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
I already sold my soul for a doughnut :doubt:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
you sold your soul for your sister probably.

anyhow, no way... it's not that important to me :D :p

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
FS3 and religion in the same thread?!
:nervous: Should we throw in some random politics, warez, pr0n and flaming as well?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I've already sold my soul for FS3.  I'm making what I would envision was a FS3 type scenario.  But more on that later :D
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by CP5670

Then again, how exactly would this devil obtain FS3? He's probably not much of a programmer himself, so he would have to scare the V guys into doing it... :D

1) If they are working on Britney's Dance steps after all it is already likely that THQ have already sold their souls to Satan anyway. :lol:

2) Satan already has the best musicians. Who says that doesn`t apply to other professions :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Tar-Palantir

Razor says: "I will sign a bullet hole through your forhead maybe 2 if you feel like it" BHAM BHAM...CLICK CLICK...BHAM!!! Then I would take my FS3 copy, play it cool and walk away

Offline Razor

Originally posted by CP5670

Would you rather concider selling your soul for a 500 page math book complete with brain frying problems?

Offline Joey_21

• http://denebsystem.cjb.net/
Originally posted by Razor

Would you rather concider selling your soul for a 500 page math book complete with brain frying problems?

:rolleyes: Oh, please... My calculus book alone has over 1000 pages of brain frying material and it only cost me about $100 at the local university bookstore. ;7

Offline Nuclear1

Maybe not my soul for FS3. Probably just a leg, an arm, both kidneys and 1.5 eyeballs.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Joey_21

:rolleyes: Oh, please... My calculus book alone has over 1000 pages of brain frying material and it only cost me about $100 at the local university bookstore. ;7

You are even more crazy than CP is! :eek:

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
no way dude. I know what calculus is.. I don't know what CP or %75 of his organization is about...
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Nah, it's bad business. I've found it's better to sell other peoples' souls.