Author Topic: Some info on systems needed  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Some info on systems needed
I need some information on systems in Freespace 2. Like are they mostly Terran or Vasudan, and are they resource- and population-rich.

I know Sol is Terran, Vasuda is Vasudan. That's about it  

I'd specifically need info on Vega, Deneb, Sirius, Antares, Ribos, the systems beyond Aldebarran (check the BWO node map, I'm using that), and the systems beyond Polaris.

I'm assuming Delta Serpentis, Ross128 and those systems are Terran, along with Beta Aquilae.

I'm pretty sure much of this information was in FS1, which I don't have.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
I just had to get my 400th post before I went to bed  

I mean... *bump*

If you know anything, post it here.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
I think you're pretty safe doing whatever you want. If the system is in FS2, boot up the mission and look at the sun color/planet type if you want, but believe me, nobody is going to notice.  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!
Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
I don't need that, but for the sake of consistency in my story, I'd need to know what systems are Terran and what are Vasudan.

You may draw some conclusions as to what the storyline is about, and you're probably right.

I'd just hate to say that Vega is Vasudan when it isn't.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Seeing as they are GTVA, I think it would be okay to say that there is a fairly dense population of both races in each system. Remember there are several planets in each system and hence a system could be inhabited by an entire world of Vasudans and an entire world of Terrans (though not likely, possible).
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
On the other hand just has many systems may not actually be inhabited at all. Just "claimed". As we see in FS2's opening cin, Deneb was a big rock.

But as far as I can recall they never really mention alot of intell on systems. So you're most likely quite free to write them however you wish  

------------------
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron
CO

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon
Ghosts of the Past Forum
Ghosts of the Past WebSite
To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Offline morris13

• New Marshal in town...

Originally posted by Setekh:
Seeing as they are GTVA, I think it would be okay to say that there is a fairly dense population of both races in each system.

Thats possible, but keep in mind that this would probably only be true for planets colonized just before or after the GTVA was formed. The planets that each side held before and during the first war would of course have had homogenous populations, and while some mixing would have occured, its not likely that humans would make up more than 10% or so of the population on a world that had been 100% Vasudan before, and vice versa. It also would seem likely that Humans and Vasudans would have slightly different climatary requirements? They might not like the same kind of planets, although this is mostly just guessing =)
If it aint broke, break it!

Offline QXMX

Who says Vasudans wouldn't like Hawaii  

Anyway, you can go with Fleet assignments.  If you know that the Terran 6th fleet is based in Epsilon Pegausi, then it's a good bet that that system is mostly Terran.

Hope this helps

------------------
.....File not found....please enter password

Co-Creator, Project Omega18

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Here are my impressions on systems:

Delta Serpentis - Largely a Terran system with a major habitable planet and a decent resource base.  Near Ross128 so a fair defense network just incase the Shivans show up again.

Beta Aquilae - Mostly orbitable and spacebased colonies.  Large military base and fleet construction yards.  A center for trade and perhaps government.

Antares - A less densely populated system but fairly resource rich and strategically located.

Ribos - Similar to Antares.

Ikeya - Rim system.

Beta Cygni - Largely unpopulated except for mining.

Betelguese - Similar to Beta Cygni.

Vega - A major military base of operations for the GTVA.  Training facilities and colony establishments as well as fleet yards.  Terran and Vasudan alike.

Deneb - Largely Vasudan.  Still recovering from the NTF occupation.

Sirius - Similar to Deneb.

Regulus - Low population.

Polaris - High population, habitable world.  Former seat of government for the NTF.

Vasuda - No need for further explanation really.  Vasuda Prime still 90% uninhabitable from Lucifer planetary bombardment.  Shipyards and colony centers located off world.

Aldebarran - Vasudan system.

Altair - Vasudan/Terran research and science outposts mostly.

Laramis - Separate Terran colonies.

Ross128 - Rebuild since the Great War slow.

Tau Sigma - The frontier of Terran and Vasudan development.

Epsilon Pegasi - Formerly a large Terran colony.  Now somewhat separated from the Alliance due to the closing of the Capella node.

- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Laramis also has orbital shipyards.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Mmmkay... good information...

I hope I split the systems correctly  

If not, I'm sure there are ways to explain it  

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I think I might just go and do a more indepth run down on the BWO site sometime soon so people can use it as reference.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Ikeya is covered in depth on the Twilight site.

Namely it is used for GTVI deep range research, and there is a single habitable world which is colonized from the rubble of the great war.

Ribos during the great war housed the GTA's primary spaceyards. After the Battle of Capella, it's become of importance once again.

Antares is one of the GTVA's core systems though it is heavilly contested between Terran and Vasudan populations.

It includes several GTVI-held spaceyards in orbit of it's arid outer-most world, Segunchi.

Altair is primarily research outposts studying the Vallettan-age ancients. (note: these are the creators of the Knossos device and sub-space tracking, though allied scientists have determined that the technology is based off of an earlier culture)

Vasuda Prime is home to some of the largest spaceyards in allied space, the world itself is now barren and devoid of almost all life, however many of the great Vasudan cities have been rehabited and terraforming projects have been extremely sucessful in brining the world back to life.

------------------
Ace
Staff member FreeSpace Watch
 http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
I call dibs on the ones in and around the NTF systems.....it'll be important for parts of R2NT.

But seeing as I'm not even using the WZ nodemap...
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!
In that case I dib anything to do with chickens of the giant spaceborne variety  

------------------
"Supernova, ya supernova, supernova goes pop
supernova, ya think it's over but the supernova don't stop" PM5K
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
#knees death in the groin#
Rimmer:"Remember matey, it's only the good that die young"
"Do not fear the chickens. Become one with the chickens. Respect the chickens and... #BOK!# LEG IT!!!"
The Claw... project coordinater of Alternate Reality and Story-line help-guy of The Perfect Storm.
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2