Author Topic: in progress..  (Read 7708 times)

I am working on converting some eclipse varients (I call them eclipseII and III) and a few really wierd SSD's. One looks like a stapce station attached to the bottom of a SD but the bottom of the SD has many open bays like to drop cruisers? Anyway I will post a pic when I get these ready for pof'ing and also finished the x-wing varient with the 5th engine underneath and the extra laser guns and rocket pods next to the engine think it's the t-42 or t-47 multi-role fighter..
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Um... any particular reason why you're converting really weird and bizarre stuff when there's stuff we actually NEED that has to be done? :wtf:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
On the TIE fighters and shields issue...in one of the TIE Fighter expansions, one of those devious Imperial admirals fitted all his fighters with shields...even the basic TIE Fighters.  SO I'd suggest maybe doing up the shield mesh even if your basic tables have the shield set at 0.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Slasher

Yeah, Admiral Zaarin (sp?) fitted his TIE Fighters and TIE Interceptors with regular shields.  He was a real techno-superiority kinda guy.

I can't believe anyone actually remembers those missions! :eek2: :)

Offline Peter

Originally posted by Slasher
Yeah, Admiral Zaarin (sp?) fitted his TIE Fighters and TIE Interceptors with regular shields.  He was a real techno-superiority kinda guy.

I can't believe anyone actually remembers those missions! :eek2: :)

Did not admiral Markov use sheilded Ties beforehand in the mission where you are Gamma 1 and your wingmen try and kill you?

It was only released in what errr... 1995???? THATS SEVEN YEARS!!!

Time flys when you are having fun, well it shows it was a good game anyway.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, TIE Fighter has to have been the only game that gave me as much enjoyment and immersability as the FS series has.

Go Zaarin! :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Sorry Ge, I never was part of the team officially (somehow when things got screwy on HLP a while ago and I lost my MG Avatar and ended up with a SW one) so I really didn't know how to react at first but decided to go with it to see if I could actually contribute (despite my limited abilities). I decided to keep working on things that may prove interesting for the future of SW (but mainly cause I will need them for the time period after ROTJ my crossover story for when the IDA ends up in the SW universe). Prehaps you should remove the SW avatar from me and take away my access to the private forum. I doubt that I could be much use for the current project cause it seems that you all have things well in hand (and I am still learning basics about model problems and converting) I'd only slow your progress down. This does not mean that I do not fully support you guys, just that I don't feel like I could be a very productive member...

I thank you for a glimpse into that galaxy far far away however...

For the kinds of things I am up to (not just SW but all universes equally) I posted in the main modding forum)...
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

[email protected]

Offline tomcat

• Dark Lord of Truespace
what 10 years? I was playing it yesterday:) of course the colector series XvsT engine 3d support:)
It is still fun.
Truespace is the path of the Dark Side
-----------------------------------------------
Dark Truespace Master Tomcat

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
Originally posted by Star Dragon
Sorry Ge, I never was part of the team officially (somehow when things got screwy on HLP a while ago and I lost my MG Avatar and ended up with a SW one) so I really didn't know how to react at first but decided to go with it to see if I could actually contribute (despite my limited abilities). I decided to keep working on things that may prove interesting for the future of SW (but mainly cause I will need them for the time period after ROTJ my crossover story for when the IDA ends up in the SW universe). Prehaps you should remove the SW avatar from me and take away my access to the private forum. I doubt that I could be much use for the current project cause it seems that you all have things well in hand (and I am still learning basics about model problems and converting) I'd only slow your progress down. This does not mean that I do not fully support you guys, just that I don't feel like I could be a very productive member...

I thank you for a glimpse into that galaxy far far away however...

For the kinds of things I am up to (not just SW but all universes equally) I posted in the main modding forum)...

actually we need a converter too so you can be of some help anyway, the point is that we need specific things (the ships from darksaber's sites) that have to be converted and shared in the team, rather than various ships from various unknown sources that don't fit canon or semicanon SW universe

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by Killfrenzy
Ion Cannons are the pain - to get the required effect we'd have to whine at the Source Code boys a lot! :D
Go Electronics tag! W00t!

You know, the one off the D-Missile in FS1? That should work fine for the Ion Cannon.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Give me a list to work off of and that's where I will conventrate on for SW. I think I got some of the varients from there as well... I ws basicly looking for ships other than what you already had in your collective opt to pof file.

I no longer have the link but will look for it (darksaber's opt station right?)

[email protected]

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
yes. the opts downladble from his site, convert them, then share with the team in the private forum

Perhaps a compromise where bumping the engine's power allocation up actually increases the speed semi-significantly?

Just to go back a bit, that would work for the player craft, but AI controlled craft don't alter their energy allocations. It may not be cannon, but you'll probably have to add afterburners to make the game fun. For the SLAM system you could just make this crafts afterburners more powerful than any of the other craft.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline Steel

• http://www.rlgaming.com
Personally (you may or may not care for a eventual users opinion) if the craft did not have afterburners in the SW universe, do not give it to the craft in your mod.  Nothing will turn people off faster than such liberties...
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Stop, Look, and Listen

XO, Wings of Fury
http://www.wings-of-fury.com

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Steel
Nothing will turn people off faster than such liberties...

This is a very good point - look at how much we tend to complain ourselves when a game basing upon a book or movie "changes things".
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Hm. personally I think boosters should be included. If I'm not terribly mistaken, SLAM Boosters equal something like that.
cya Challenger
if you want a Dominion-exterminator - you've got him
n00b pilot. :p

Offline Steel

• http://www.rlgaming.com
yes, agreed - but not on all craft!  SLAM boosters were not that common...
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Stop, Look, and Listen

XO, Wings of Fury
http://www.wings-of-fury.com

yeah, thats clear :)
cya Challenger
if you want a Dominion-exterminator - you've got him
n00b pilot. :p