Author Topic: Inferno News  (Read 42001 times)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
i hope there will be 1 big VP file :)
I hate My signature!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Q1: This Inferno-campaign includes 3 campaigns? (for three races)

There's 3 major stories. CH1+2 delas with the first Shivan invasion and the EA war, CH3 deals with the Ancients. The SOC storyline is different but has ties to the GTVA side.

Q2: Is it possible to download just one big file to install one release?

No since we are still working on the R3 mods so you'd have to wait a very long time for any release that way.

Q3: How easy is it to install such thingie? Does it affect if I have previous custom table-files & stuff?

Put them in your FS2 root directory.

Q4: I understood that Release1 is released... or is it? When is the whole thingie ready?

Only the EA and Terran packs of R1 are avaliable, my plan is to release the bulk of the mods a VP at a time to reduce the stress for 56kers.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Ashrak
i hope there will be 1 big VP file :)

If I put eveything I have for this campaign into 1 big VP file it would be 322mb, by the tme we are done it'll be over 400mb, compressed that would be a 200mb+ file to download off fileplanet :p

If a serious bug came across I would then have to produce patch VP files, or upload the entire thing again.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Just out of sheer curiosity...  Did you guys use my improved version of the SF Gorgon that I released awhile ago in Inferno or did you improvised on Dark yourself?

HINT:  If you used my version, which adds LODs and better shielding, then I would like some credit. ;7

Rampage

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
About 6 months ago, I gave Woomeister a copy of my Gorgon.  (Check the Siggy.  Go to downloads section.)

All I did was add LODs and a new, better shield.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
My credits are for the original. We have many models that have been edited from the original version, but we credit the original makers. Since Dark did the original version, Dark gets the credit.

I slightly edited the shield mesh as it has a few parts where the model stuck out.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
more news!!!! :hopping:
I hate My signature!

News in pictures: (the new Geodess Hypervelocity missile, featured on the SOCv Neptune)

Sid.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Current ships.tbl now has 150 entries including the remaining FS2 stuff.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I wasn't going to show these ships, but they're just too damn cool not too :D

The GTC Glaucus and GTC-X Bellerophon
it's too ealry to give stats or more info though, they aren't balanced yet, but at the moment they do rather well against Shivan corvettes :)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
bellerophon ROCKS!!!! :eek2:  i LOVE that design SO SMOOTH newer textures though would be cool :))))
I hate My signature!

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Lol, a texture change and it could come straight from the Star Trek universe :p Very nice ship :D
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Tiara
Lol, a texture change and it could come straight from the Star Trek universe :p

hargh the insult!
SCREW CANON!

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Venom

hargh the insult!

I didn't say Starfleet :p With the exception of the Defiant and Akira all their ships appear to be... ugly :p
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Some of the new secondary weapon icons I've been making for our new weapon models.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Seeing the Horae, when are you going to release the SOC pack?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
When I want to.

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Originally posted by Tiara
Lol, a texture change and it could come straight from the Star Trek universe :p Very nice ship :D

A small texture change and it could come from the FS universe, as it supposed to:D :D

awesome stuff, I hope we get a release sometime soon. Are those the default nebula backgrounds, cause they looks somehow better than the regular ones..

My only beef with Inferno ships is that there isnt a common style. There are many styles of Terran fighters, destroyers etc. I think it would looks better if there was one or two agreed upon texture styles, and all the ships looked like that..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2003, 06:12:02 pm by 644 »

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
much like the Fenris, Hecate, and Deimos? :p
SCREW CANON!