Author Topic: Inferno News  (Read 42099 times)

And seeing as the default SCP splash screen sucks, we made this instead:

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
:):cool: :yes:

erm.. are you guys still using orginal Orion?
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Heh, I was waiting for someone to say that. :) It's obviously not the Orion because the hangar section you can see in that shot is on the wrong side of the ship.

Actually it's the EACa Auriga class, a converted version of the Orion with twin hangars. Woo and I thought his mirrored Orion looked good as a carrier so he remapped it.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
I didn't notice that first but cool:) :yes:
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Originally posted by SadisticSid
Heh, I was waiting for someone to say that. :) It's obviously not the Orion because the hangar section you can see in that shot is on the wrong side of the ship.

Actually it's the EACa Auriga class, a converted version of the Orion with twin hangars. Woo and I thought his mirrored Orion looked good as a carrier so he remapped it.

Goes well with the S:AH story as well.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
those screenshots own :eek: some very :nod: professional work there :yes:

Offline mr.WHO

1) EA have now 2 carriers?

2) Cabari is replaceing GTCa Lenaeus , or it's new destroyer?

3) can you post screenshots of Lenaeus and new vasudan Super destroyer?

4) I think you are hideing something big :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2004, 05:53:05 am by 1471 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
1) Not sure if the big one will be used...

2) The Cabari is a carrier-destroyer type, the Lenaeus is a small carrier

3) If I remember later

4) We're hiding a few little things ;7 and about 50+ new weapons :D

The Cabari can carry about six wings of fighters and bombers, whereas the Lenaeus carries up to twenty wings. Basically you have your destroyer classes, that have their own small fighter capacities for light defensive purposes, and then the majority of fighter and bomber wings get deployed from dedicated carriers like the Lenaeus and Auriga. The big fleet carriers - the Tanen and the Warlock - carry about two hundred wings, but most of these get transferred to the smaller carriers for combat deployment.

Because they provide the command and control facilities for their entire fleet, the supercarriers won't engage in combat except under exceptional circumstances. :)

All the existing weapons are being modified or deleted to make room for new ones. Capital ships will have a far more varied range of armaments (MUCH fewer beams than before). Take the Aesacus for example. Her SWAT system fires tag-style missiles at approaching fighters, and any that get marked then get treated to a rapid fire barrage of missiles from her many turrets. Screenies to follow. ;)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Can we have a screenshot of the Vasudans? ;7
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline mr.WHO

Don't scrap EACa Telemus , it's very good ship.
If Telemus is too big for sol gate why you don't create a little larger  portal?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Sol gate is already big enough.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hm.  But the Sol Gate isn't big enough for the Icanus either, then.  Nor the Gigas.  So how do they meet each other? ;7

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The Gigas can travel through unstable nodes. It just blows the Gate away and chugs on through.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I figured as much.  Or you'd have the thing where the node stabilized because the gate was running for a long time, à la the Gamma Draconis - Lupus Nebula node in A Flaming Sword.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Sol gate won't be blown up.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It should.  That'd be cool.  Give it the "vaporize" flag. ;7

But you didn't say that the Icanus and the Gigas wouldn't meet. (It would seem rather obvious that they would, looking at the models.) So more speculation is needed.  Does the Gigas arrive through the unstable Sol - Beta Aquilae or Sol - Deneb node, perhaps?

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
you guys need to use the auto-facet PCS build, too much smoothing
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I don't use PCS at all, I use a higher limit version of COB2POF.

This MOD is looking awesome. Keep it up McFoggies, and you will have yourself a playa, as soon as I can get all these damned upgrades like "Shinemaps" to work.