Author Topic: Inferno News  (Read 42113 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Since shinemaps don't work on some systems (including mine) we currently don't support them and so haven't produced shinemaps.

Of course with the big remake of over 40 ships, a lot don't currently have glowmaps either.

Well, I got all that stuff installed anyways, but im currently busy with Terran - Vasudan War Project. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Have you changed GTVA fighters? Because though there are some cool fighter, like Keres and Banshee, some of the ships looked quite rough - Cyone and Vesuvius are perhaps the best examples.
Or actually - how have you edited them, which remain and which are replaced?

Edit: oh ****, once again on a wrong thread. Well, but I got what I wanted to know.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 03:53:16 pm by 1621 »
lol wtf

Light fighters: Mihos, Svalin
Medium fighters: Ezechiel, Daedalus
Interceptors: Perseus Adv, Banshee
Heavy fighters: Herc III, Alves
'Advanced' fighters: Skadi, Keres
Bombers (in order of heaviness): Lyre, Danaus, Ursa II, Jotun, Notus

Good thing Vesuvius and Cyone got fired, they weren't that bad, but not at the same standars as the others...

Herc III? You mean Hamano's Herc III? Yay! :yes:

Yup, except it only has 4 gunmounts for balance reasons.

Originally posted by SadisticSid
Yup, except it only has 4 gunmounts for balance reasons.

why? Even the Herc 1 had 6....

btw, what about Hamano's Orion 2? It's pretty cool too

Why? Because the Alves has six, and the Herc III is a lesser model. As for the Orion Mk 2 it's an overly brilliant design marred by the inclusion of that stupid beam chaingun thing. Plus we have enough destroyers already. :)

Originally posted by SadisticSid
Why? Because the Alves has six, and the Herc III is a lesser model. As for the Orion Mk 2 it's an overly brilliant design marred by the inclusion of that stupid beam chaingun thing. Plus we have enough destroyers already. :)

I'm not complaining, just asking, beside, the difference between 4 gunpoint and 4+4 linked isn't that much.

ps i like the beam chaingun thing, maybe it's just me...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
So 1) give the Alves more gunpoints and 2) change the chaingun to something you like better.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
GTVA and EA capships and weapons are basically complete now, the first few missions should be possible soon.

Vasudan and Shivan weapons still need to be done though.

Fixed a lot of debug errors, OGL Fred will give no warnings soon.

Now I have to upload everything again since too much has been changed from the last staff modpack release :D

Main things left to do:

Arty stuff:
Glowmaps for single map capships
Vasudan and Shivan weapons
interface art for new ships such as the Ezechiel and Setep

Tables:
nebula trails for new fighters
final tech descriptions
Last table balancing

Final Stuff:
Cutscenes and anis
Missions :p

All this is currently a 340mb install. Will be more once the glowmaps are done. Also depends if we include the dds textures as default.

Offline Skaarj

just out of interest how friendly will this be to us 56k users? since i cannot get broadband?(bloody british telecom :hopping:  ) i mean will we be able to download the seperate packs like last time, sorry if this has already been asked.
"Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away."
-Abaddon the Despoiler

"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast "
-Ace Rimmer (what a guy)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There will be only 1 version of the campaign this time. However there will probably be two downloads for it. I whole file and some sort of multi-part system. However once installed both will be exactly the same as each other.

There are a few minor differences between the two versions of R1.

Some other stuff may also be seperate, such as the cutscenes. It depends on how big the final download is. (estimated at 150-170mb+ without cutscenes, the staff download is around 120-130mb now)

Offline J3Vr6

When you say minor differences between both R1, you mean in file-size right?  The re-release of R1 is going to be the combination of R1 and R2, no?

Btw, R1 rocked.  One of the reasons I upgraded my computer was so I could play this.  Haven't finished yet (I'm over earth trying to take out the Nemesis beams).
"I wanna drink til I'm drunk, and smoke til I'm senseless..."
-Tricky

"Hey barkeep, who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"
-Brian, Family Guy

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'm talking about the 2 versions of R1 that are already avaliable.

The multi VP version has lower res nebulas and a slightly older version of the Horae. The difference was because we added the stuff at the very last minute after the multi version was already released.

That won't happen this time.

The next release is a combination of ch1 and 2, currently titled INF: Ressurection (since we've rebuilt it from the ground up) so that people don't get mixed up.

It'll include a single campaign which goes from the EA War, to the Shivan invasion. (ch1+2 of the old release)
It'll also include most, if not all of the current ships and weapons,and all the new head anis, music, sounds, interface art etc.

Offline Mad cat

when is a rough release date?

Offline mr.WHO

Can you post some screenshots of EA new toys??

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Maybe once they're glowmapped...

Offline Zarax

Hmm... This place has been silent for too long...
Any new teaser for your fans?
The Best is Yet to Come

Where is the latest, latest, latest downloadable source for Inferno?

Im dying to try it out once I get my new motherboard...