Author Topic: Inferno News  (Read 42106 times)

Offline CaptJosh

Something I ran into is that Sol: A History WILL RUN on the old SCP 3.6.5 release. So if you get that release, you should be able to run S:aH.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
SAH needs a complete debugging really.

Offline CaptJosh

No argument here. I actually took and put the Inferno R1 SCP patch in my S:aH dir and tried getting rid of the icons and weaponss tables. The ships table gave a few trivial errors at that point, but the game would continue running under the latest inferno build. However weapons were missing.

So I got into the weapons table, and because the primaries section seemed to be all the same weapons as the patched inferno weapons table, I copied the entire section wholesale. That corrected the errors in the primary weapons that had been sowing up, but new I'm getting errors from the secondary weapons section.

I'm going to look into some judicious copy/pasting from the secondaries section of both the inferno scp patched weapons table and the weapons table from...FSPort, I think. I'll let you all know how it works out.
CaptJosh

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'd recommend using modular tables now that they can be used to change specific things in a ships.tbl entry (like making the EA ships have different weapon sets)
This would make things a lot easier to fix if it ever happens again.

All R2 mods should be using modular tables too, we don't want a repeat of this problem since the next release will probably have to be patched a few times for fixes and changes to SCP stuff. Modular tables will most likely cause less problems than an entire copy of the ships.tbl/weapons.tbl.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
First post on Inferno forum 3.0 to me. MWA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Heya gang! Hows all? I missed you guys!

*sorry for the OT post, just had to :lol:*
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline CaptJosh

Well, as I posted in another thread, I was able to do some copy and paste work on the icons, ships, and weapons tables in S:AH, and got it working on the latest inferno build without giving me any errors. I couldn't make some ofthe icons work, though. Specifically the friendly and enemy planet icons. If someone would like to take a crack at that, have fun. There is a possibility that other icons aren't working and I just didn't notice, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

http://www.fileh.com/phantos/tables.rar
CaptJosh

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
INF R1 has now reached at least 16819 downloads with 954 downloads of the SCP patch.

17k far better than the 100 or so downloads I expected :lol:

[dryly]I think that it may perhaps be safe to assume that R2 will not suffer from the same slight underexpectation of popularity, Woo?[/dryly]
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It'll probably be the other way around with the next release :D