Author Topic: Shivan homeworld  (Read 20940 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Dragons are only small to make the some missions of the game difficult. There was no 'how can a Shivan sit into it?' question front of the eyes of the authors.

Making a game difficult is always beating logics. :ick
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
This was mentioned for many ocassions.
Once again we have to say that the Dragon's actually big enough to fit a Shivan - the looks are deceiving.
A Shivan would be as big as the whole canopy on an Apollo - but' that's still small enough to fit into a Dragon.
Beside who said they had to fit in - maybe they're suffed in...the legendary Dragon pilots, who beside their small armor - even put up with little space in the cocpit and surgical reduction of their inherent armor...sounds like a good enough explanation.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Originally posted by TopAce
Dragons are only small to make the some missions of the game difficult. There was no 'how can a Shivan sit into it?' question front of the eyes of the authors.

Making a game difficult is always beating logics. :ick
Buddy, the Dragon is as big as a house!  11 m * 6 m * 16 m = 33' * 18' * 48'.  Fitting a single Shivan into such a spacious volume would hardly be difficult.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
So what the hell is the smallest ship? The Loki? The Pegasus?
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
actually, its the dragon IIRC.

Note: that the dragon is twice as big as most Star Wars fighters.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Again bringing up the point that one of the best modifications the SCP cpuld do for the SW TC would be to fix the apparent size of ships in-game... I want the Orion to look big! :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
More detailed textures, bump-mapping, more-poly models based on current textures.

The Realisation project started it a while back...wonder what they managed so far.
Bump-mapping is very far away if what the SCP guys tell is true - and they're always right about this kinda stuff.
I think it's up to modellers/skinners.

I saw a very good Hecate/Collosus reskin - with lots of windows.
With glow-mapping they seemed indeed huge!
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Raptor

Originally posted by Flaser

I saw a very good Hecate/Collosus reskin - with lots of windows.
With glow-mapping they seemed indeed huge!

Where? Show us!!
Was it up for download??
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Check the Mod area...

Offline Raptor

Mod area? HLPs mod area hasn't been updated for ages!
(just looked)
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
*thinks he meant the mod phorum*
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Actually, check the art forum for a post by Deep_eyes. It should be near the top.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]