Author Topic: Shivan homeworld  (Read 20878 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Well, I am trying to collect your point of views where you imagine the homeworld of the Shivans. As we know Volition inc. hasn't put any info about the origin of the devastators in the original database of Freespace.

Put your opinions here! Mine is that:

As the GTVA knows(supposes?), Shivans can live in Zero G environment, which stopped their evolution from advancing to the level of Humans or Vasudans. I think this only can be the nebula behind Gamma Draconis.

BUT!

The Great War(in 2335)  begun at Ross 128, where the Lucifer struck down the system, but she hadn't touched any other systems before she made her strike. This can make doubts for my imaginations about the Shivan homeworld is truly the nebula. Because if the nebula were their homeworld, they wouldn't begin with Ross 128. Only if they have knowledge about a jump node between Gamma Draconis and Ross 128.

Please share your opinions with each other
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline tEAbAG

Whada mean "advancing to the level of Humans or Vasudans"?  I think the shivans are quite a bit more advanced than us.  

I don't think they have a home.  Some kinda space Bedouins.
If happiness is a warm gun and love is a battlefield, why should we give peace a chance?

C-130 rollin' down the strip
hits a rock and start to tip
its all right, its OK
full of soldiers anyway

I think we should go Mung his dead grandma. - anOn

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by tEAbAG
Whada mean "advancing to the level of Humans or Vasudans"?  I think the shivans are quite a bit more advanced than us.  

I mean biologically advanced, not technologically. We know Shivans are more advanced technologically(despite you take down at least ten of them alone in each mission, but it is no topic this time.)

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by tEAbAG

I don't think they have a home.  Some kinda space Bedouins.

You are thinking they are dossers?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I think the word you are looking for is nomads.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by karajorma
I think the word you are looking for is nomads.

Correct, I think they are travelling from galaxy to galaxy, like the Kra'hens in Imperium 2! But where do they get supplies from, where can they construct their army, own shipyards etc.

Im really interested in the theory that their ships are really another spieces.

Does this mean there is literally a Mother-Ship?

...and if so, how big is she?

Im imagining something that resembles a Sathanas but bigger and have like 20 tenticles.

Can anyone do better???
Watching from the background since 17 April 2002.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
...homeworld... = subspace

:ha:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Correct, I think they are travelling from galaxy to galaxy, like the Kra'hens in Imperium 2! But where do they get supplies from, where can they construct their army, own shipyards etc.

I remember one possibility for this that was brought up somewhere around here was that they somehow get material from neutron stars and use that to build their ships, since their  red/black appearance is a little like that of neutron star material. This might also explain the Capella supernova, since they would need new material to keep building their fleets and Capella may well be a neutron star after the FS2 campaign.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by TopAce

I mean biologically advanced, not technologically. We know Shivans are more advanced technologically(despite you take down at least ten of them alone in each mission, but it is no topic this time.)

Compare Biological advancements:

Human grandest point of evolution: Tits
Shivan grandest point of evolution: Plasma cannons.

My money is on the Shivans.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Originally posted by Stunaep

My money is on the Shivans.

not with alpha 1 around

Oh, like we've got millions of those lying around......

Offline Noise

• http://www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html
Back to being serious, I always pictured the Shivans as a warrior caste for an overlord race.  Lets call the overlords the Creators (from Shivans perspective).  You see, the Creators are extremely xenophobic so they send the Shivans out to patrol known space and wipe out any intelligent life.  But you see, Shivan space is vast, and for the most part the Creators are only just learning that the Lucifer was destroyed.
In short, the Shivans have no homeworld.  Consider them a weapon system, they do have a built in plasma cannon after all.  They have energy blades that pop out of the forearms, and the positioning of their limbs make for excellent maneuverability in zero gravity environments.  This sounds a little too "manufactured" to me.:confused:
"The point of war is not to die for your country, the point is to make some other poor bastard die for his."

Into to the Depths of Hell Campaign Site
www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html

That, or a species that has manipulated its evolutionary genetics itself. With all this talk of 'designer babies' the idea isn't ludicrous in any sense.

Sid.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Shivans are their ships.

By that I mean that if you examine the Shivans and their ships they are very similar anatomically.

What if some central command keep track of what kind of ship is needed and dispenses an appropriate hormone or radiation to Shivans at a certain level of development.  This hormone or radiation then causes the Shivan to metamorphose into a Mara or a Cain or even a Sathanas, granted it would take some time to metamorphose into a Sathanas but it's possible.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Thats cool, reminds me of Zerg from Starcraft.
Erinyes+(Kayser x 8)=Death

Offline J3Vr6

So how would you explain the Terrans snagging one and making it into a terran fighter?  I don't think they're born as ships.  I can believe maybe they're bred in the ships, so they fit, but not that they're actually the ships.

In regards to their homeworld, I believe that they really don't have a planet.  They constantly move around and grow in numbers, infesting systems.
"I wanna drink til I'm drunk, and smoke til I'm senseless..."
-Tricky

"Hey barkeep, who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"
-Brian, Family Guy

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
Virus's

Edit: Shivan's = Virus
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Originally posted by neo_hermes
Virus's

Edit: Shivan's = Virus

Try antibody if you're going on that line of reasoning.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
suuubspaaace... theeeyyy weeerrreee maaadee tooo kiilll thiiinngss frrooommm suuubbbspaaaace...
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read