Author Topic: Ancients  (Read 18619 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Any ideas(or pictures) how do the Ancients look like?
Or average height, or any data about their physical properties?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
AFAIK absolutely nothing is known about that.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
No god there isn't any projects working with the story of the Ancients.

Or it is classified level Zeta, too :)

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline tEAbAG

I think there's a ancient ship pack out there somewhere.
If happiness is a warm gun and love is a battlefield, why should we give peace a chance?

C-130 rollin' down the strip
hits a rock and start to tip
its all right, its OK
full of soldiers anyway

I think we should go Mung his dead grandma. - anOn

Offline Nuclear1

Inferno. Ancients 2 Demo.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

I'd guess they were fluid life-forms from what i've experienced in the FS storyline.
The shortcut to impossibility does exist, we just have to find it! I will...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
fluid life froms? :wtf:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
There is nothing official known about the Ancients themselves but we do have a sample of their general ship design scheme from the Knossos.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
But I am curious about YOUR IDEAS, there are many unofficial things around here(hundreds of ships, unofficial programs like PCS, ModelView etc.) Why cannot you tell your imaginations?

I think they were not so advanced, because they couldn't discover life nor on Earth, nor on Vasuda. Eight thousand years before the Great War, there were already life on Sol, I think it is the time of Homo Erectus. They could have used the materials of our home to strenghten their economy, and indrusty. They could have made it only if they had colonized our world, and this is a reason for the Shivans to come and kill.

Same in the case of Vasuda, in addition, it is quite close to Altair 4.

or

1. They expanded their civ eastwards to Altair(unexplored for the GTVA)
2. Shivans left the life on Earth and Vasuda intact, so they could seek after another challenge several thousand years after.(This is probably the least possible.)
3. Ancients had just begun expanding when the Shivans attacked.

Write something like this about your ideas.

I disagree. Somewhere in FS, or 2, they say that their empire was far greater than us. And they had the Knossos technology!

And couldn't it have been that the Ancients were the "all-powerful race" in the HoL vasudan legends, or derived of them?
The shortcut to impossibility does exist, we just have to find it! I will...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by TopAce
But I am curious about YOUR IDEAS, there are many unofficial things around here(hundreds of ships, unofficial programs like PCS, ModelView etc.) Why cannot you tell your imaginations?

I think they were not so advanced, because they couldn't discover life nor on Earth, nor on Vasuda. Eight thousand years before the Great War, there were already life on Sol, I think it is the time of Homo Erectus. They could have used the materials of our home to strenghten their economy, and indrusty. They could have made it only if they had colonized our world, and this is a reason for the Shivans to come and kill.

Same in the case of Vasuda, in addition, it is quite close to Altair 4.

or

1. They expanded their civ eastwards to Altair(unexplored for the GTVA)
2. Shivans left the life on Earth and Vasuda intact, so they could seek after another challenge several thousand years after.(This is probably the least possible.)
3. Ancients had just begun expanding when the Shivans attacked.

Write something like this about your ideas.

We know (or at least suspect) that the Ancients screwed around with the  Vasudans, accelerating the evolution or something, allowing them to  survive their harsh environment (though I'll admit that I can't ecall if this is canon or not) Note however, that the Ancients hadn't been in subspace very long when the Shivans attacked (The Ancients monologues in FS1 seem to make that clear) so not finding Earth, which is a fair way off the Ancients space, seems reasonable.

Also, 8000 years ago from was around about 6000BC - later if you take it from FS1s 2335 - now I'm no Anthropologist, but that Homo Erectus died out around 400 000 BC - hell, Catal Huyuk was established over 9000 years ago - we were well past Homo erectus then.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 10:11:27 pm by 302 »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Black Wolf

Also, 8000 years ago from was around about 6000BC - later if you take it from FS1s 2335 - now I'm no Anthropologist, but that Homo Erectus died out around 400 000 BC - hell, Catal Huyuk was established over 9000 years ago - we were well past Homo erectus then.

Thanks for the history lesson, I am getting more intelligent every day.

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
6000BC. Well wasn't Ancient Egypt just starting up?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Shiva-jin Buu
....And they had the Knossos technology!

At Gamma Draconis, which means they could travel enough far to discover at least Vasuda. Let's suppose they had no knowledge about the existance of Sol.

If you have a look at the FS2 Database/Intelligence/Ancients you can read there were additional findings in some systems close to Vasuda(for example Deneb)

• Koala-monkey
Maybe they did find Earth and Vasuda, and the life on them, but decided to leave well alone. They might have had some sort of Prime Directive, like the Federation.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB
6000BC. Well wasn't Ancient Egypt just starting up?

Egypt began its rise sometime between 5000BC and 3000BC(As I know)

• Koala-monkey
Ahh, well there you are.

But there would have been pre-Egyptian civilisations, then.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Ahh, well there you are.

But there would have been pre-Egyptian civilisations, then.

Vasudans. They live in the desert too. :D

• Koala-monkey
Indeed.

Anyone know when Vasudan civilisation started? I believe it to much older that Earth.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Indeed.

Anyone know when Vasudan civilisation started? I believe it to much older that Earth.

Their ships were 'less modern' than Terran as we saw in FS1. The PVF Anubis is the best fighter ever! No afterburner, has two lasers, it is a wonder that ship didn't fall apart while doing a maneuver. Or the first four missions have had to be easy.

As I estimate, the Vasudans develop slowerly than the Terrans, and this can be a reason why is 'an older cvilization' less modern than a 'younger civilization'

But I know this is of the reason to make the first some missions easy.