Author Topic: Sha-zam!  (Read 11955 times)

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor

Perhaps distress the tiles a bit,

"Oh dear! Oh no!  Whatever shall we do, we poor distressed tiles?!  Who will save us?  Oh, its awful, just awful!  What shall we do?  Someone help us, help us!"
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
:lol:

But how're you gonna distress 'em? Tell them of a death in the family?

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Mwa-ha-ha!  Let m assure you my friend, you do not wish to know.  :drevil:
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
WAKKA!!!

Nice dude!:yes::yes::yes:
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Damnit I've been waiting to get my hands on this for literally years. Who did the original, Dark or Bobbaou?

Edit, you should do more texturing for Vasudan ships. So far, you seem to have the technique down the best of all the modders I've seen here.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Originally posted by Rictor
Damnit I've been waiting to get my hands on this for literally years. Who did the original, Dark or Bobbaou?
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
Presenting the GVB Maahes! Originally a design by the legendary Dark, Galactic Emperor recreated the model for the Scroll of Atankharzim, and I textured and converted it.

Edit, you should do more texturing for Vasudan ships. So far, you seem to have the technique down the best of all the modders I've seen here.
Thanks. :D  There are quite a few more in SA.  Check out the website's technical database for a selection of them. :)  Shu, Menhit, Maahes, Udjat, Imhotep, and the reskin of the Vesuvius are all my texturing work.  Right now I'm working on... some other fun Vasudan goodies.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2003, 01:57:02 am by 448 »
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

I don't really care where it comes from,

IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Hoo wee, looks like theres gonna be a lot of cool Vasudan ships once The Scroll is released, which is something thats been lacking.

Anyways, awesome designs man. However what sometimes bothers me about some campaigns is the lack of cohesion while doing the textures. I can see atleast 4 different texturing styles on the Vasudan ships. I, for one, think that you should texture them all using the same (or similar) texure set. OUt of all of them, the textures for the Maahes looks the best to me. I'de personally love to see the ships looking alike.

Please dont think that I in any way dislike the ships or the texures, they both rock. I just think it'de look cooler if they looked like they belong together.

PS: The GVB Menhit is AMAZING. Thats my pick for the second best texture set, and the model is really awesome

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Thank you for the complements, sir.  

However, if you look you'll notice that V's own Vasudan ships exhibit a lot of variety, and mine always fit in with one or more of them.  The Shu has elements of the Serapis and the Bakha, for example, while the Menhit, for a second one, has a lot of the Tauret and the Nephthys.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I noticed the Tanen in the Tech Database in there...  if you are planning on using it, how about retexturing? It's useless to  ask Woomeister to alter any of his Inferno sips, but seeing as how this is on the outside...?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Yea, please do . The Tanen Textures make it look like a cruiser, not a 4km carrier.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by Knight Templar
Yea, please do . The Tanen Textures make it look like a cruiser, not a 4km carrier.

That can be easily fixed by altering the textures by putting 4 repititions of the same texture on one map. But re-doing the mapping on the Tanen entirely would be nice. It would also be nice if the model was tweaked, or if we had a better carrier.

Say, that reminds me. Sesq, we have a Terran carrier and a Vasudan carrier. Do we want to include the SCa Shiamak as well? (With reduced armaments, naturally.)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Tanen is a really old model (about 2 years I think) it was mapped when I was still a newbie at that kind of stuff. It could use a reconvertion to add debris, smoothing and to fix the maps, however the model is so old I don't have the original cob version anymore.
INF got round this by replacing the Tanen with the GVCa Hesat after the first half of the campaign. The Hesat is one of our newer Vasudan ships to go with the GVF Acacia, GVB Packhet and the GVC Selket.

I've tried changing the texture maps of the Tanen, but it isn't mapped well enough really.

It IS the Vasudan Outrider!

Ha ha, mabey some Sudie engineers saw a well know historic Terran sci-fi film? :p

Sorry...
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Hm... I'll bet it was said before, but I'm too lazy to read both pages, so... here it goes:

Those Vasudan ships... I must say that even though they may be ooglay, the texturing jobs are A-1 supar dupar. ;)

Modelled good too. (Ugly doen't mean bad.)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Heh. It does look the Outrider. All that's missing is a Vasudan Dash Rendar.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h
Hm... I'll bet it was said before, but I'm too lazy to read both pages, so... here it goes:

Those Vasudan ships... I must say that even though they may be ooglay, the texturing jobs are A-1 supar dupar. ;)

Ugly, yes, but at least not as bad as the Tauret. I'd take the Seth over it any day.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta