Circe
6 (14.3%)
I use tactical weapons when they are default
4 (9.5%)
I never use tactical weapons
12 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: June 22, 2003, 09:21:04 am

Author Topic: Tactical weapons  (Read 9347 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
IIRC = if I recall
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I join you on that one, although I have a rough guess.
Anyway what the hack is IIRC?
IMHO and BTW are at least close to the spoken languange, but IIRC? I could grasp them with little ETA, but I don't seem to catch IIRC ASAP.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Uhhhh....

No comment...:wtf:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
IIRC the Circe has MUCH greater range than the Kayser.

But compare their power. It is sure the Circe is good against shields, but with Kaysers we can kill.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
ungh...I see, well you manage to learn smg. new every once in a while.
BTW IIRC the maxim had a way longer range than the Kayser, so a Circe-Maxim combo owns...on the other hand a Maxim-Kayser combo is the ultimate bomber/fighter killer.
I checked the weapons.tbl
The Maxim has the longest range and greates speed in terms of projectile velocity, so it's the best bomb-catcher and is good against the bomber's hull, the Morning Star has a slightly lower range and half the speed. They have the same ROF. The maxim eats more energy.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
IIRC the Circe has MUCH greater range than the Kayser.

it couldn't be by that much. Besides, I fly with a game pad, so I can't hit anything further than 600m anyway.

and flaser. ':rolleyes: '
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Knight Templar

..., I fly with a game pad, so I can't hit anything further than 600m anyway.

Why aren't you changing to keyboard or buy a joy?

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Flaser
.... They have the same ROF. The maxim eats more energy.

Evident, the Maxim is far stronger in any field(except shield damage?).

Who can aim well with the Maxim? It's 'shaking' effect' disturbs me very much, this is a reason I edited its TBL info, and erased the 'esuck' flag. It became immediatly usefull.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Uhhhh....

No comment...:wtf:

IIRC :p not everyone is from an English/American:rolleyes: speaking country.
BTW there is no such thing as UCGAI :ick  (Ultimate Compulsory Guide to Abbreviations on the Internet).

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Keyboard = teh Ghey.

Joy = i actually ordered one off Half.com for 9 bucks a week ago, s it should be here tommarow or the day after. w00t.

Flaser: you seemed to know about the other abbreviations. And there are quite a few abbreviation guides out there, just look around.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 05:39:57 pm by 675 »

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor

IIRC :p not everyone is from an English/American:rolleyes: speaking country.

Yeah, true! Give up speaking 'advanced' English!:thepimp:

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Originally posted by TopAce

Who can aim well with the Maxim? It's 'shaking' effect' disturbs me very much, this is a reason I edited its TBL info, and erased the 'esuck' flag. It became immediatly usefull.

It does not actually make your aim wander off target it merrly sakes the cockpit, so it's only disturbing, but not realistic at all.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Keyboard = teh Ghey.

Joy = i actually ordered one off Half.com for 9 bucks a week ago, s it should be here tommarow or the day after. w00t.

Flaser: you seemed to know about the other abbreviations. And there are quite a few abbreviation guides out there, just look around.

KT I knew quite a few, but they are popping up everywhere like lemmings during the season, and each every community seems to have their own ones.
BTW I know there are quite a few guides, but for reasons mentioned above, they are never all powerful ect.
As for advanced English, TopAce I have to disagree.
Abbrevs are there fore a reason, and IIRC most of them are cornerpoints of a text, though they shouldn't be overused.
As for "aeadvancead" "Einglish" I agree that things shouldn't be made different just for the sake of coolness or making things sound more techno-jumbo that some people seem to be in love with.

PS: Anyone interested in writting a true UCGAI?
Hmm...I wonder how that one would fit in like: UCGAI-ing I L|k to... no, no... what about a noun:then I found the UCGAI for that term....err...no...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
FYI, we should all STFU about abbreviations and get back OT.

--General Battuta

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Are you trying to be extremely Ironic, or does it just come out that way?

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor

....As for advanced English, TopAce I have to disagree....

És ha elkezdenek hipertájszólással írni? 'Pistabá, nemlássa, hogy ilfogyott a sír? Amúgy is íleg rízeg vaty!'

Sorry, this is off-topic. Ignore me, only for Flaser and perhaps Grunt if he will have a look at in. It's about my point of advanced English. I am guarding those who have pretty few chance to understand so 'special' expressions and shortenings.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Are you trying to be extremely Ironic, or does it just come out that way?

I was trying to extract the last bit of humor from a dead joke.

--General Battuta

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
I meant both of you. :blah:

Too Long, Didn't Read

Originally posted by TopAce

Yeah, as Flaser said, it's just the HUD shaking.  Once I get used to it, I find I aim just as effectively as before.  I like the Maxim in certain situations.  If I have a mission with lots of cruisers or spaced out bomber attacks, I'll make sure to equip the Maxim if possible.  I can knock out bombs from two klicks fairly easily, even WITH the shaking.

My thought on tactical weapons is that they're pretty much useless.  The MS IS handy when I suspect Dragons, but other than that...  If I'm bored and the mission is tough, and this particular combo is allowed, I just use an Ares or Erinyes with both banks populated by Kaysers.  Yeah, the energy drain is extremely high, but it's managable when you fire in carefully aimed bursts and remember to tweak the energy allocations.

My two cents.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Though the Kayser's so powerful that sometimes I believe it's a cheat, and I believe it's use should be reduced in most campaigns or a new series of ships should be used - this actually puts the tone on agility and speed rather than sheer protection.

BTW TopAce: Nem azt mondtam, hogy mindenki úgy ferdítse a nyelvet ahogy akarja, hanem azt, hogy egyes rövidítések elterjedtek és jól használhatók, de nem a nyelv rovására. Az utóbbit én is ellenzem.

To Everyone Else: I just commented that I agree with the use of some abbrevs, but not to transform English.

Enough of this back to the topic!

What bugs me about FS-Open is how it changes the ships ability to mount all kinds of weapons.

On the other hand it has a principle that could be converted into something cool:
A critical slot/energy drain system where you have the chance to put all kinds of very powerfull weapons onto your craft, but you'll have to deal with a range of disadvantages for each one - say high drain/low ROF/Heat*.
You would have certain number of slots and each weapon would occupy a certain number of slots.
The whole system could be similar to ones used in Mech Warrior.