Author Topic: Hmmm...  (Read 3531 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I'm putting space pirates in my campaign, and some of them are going to be using old technology. Really, REALLY old. I'd like to use the Mustang Alpha, Mustang Beta, and Viper fighters along with the M-72 (I will give credit). At the very least  I want the M-72, which I will jack up the damage of (so it will be able to, you know, maybe damage your newfangled shielded fighter somewhat) and call either the M-95 or the Hephaestus (or the M-95 Hephaestus;) ). In one mission, you have to attack a renegade TSA battle group while you and your wingmen pretend to be space pirates so as not to seem like traitors to anyone in the TSA (remember Rebels and Renegades?). You'll have to take on Astaroths, Erinyes, and Herc IIs in a Mustang Alpha. Really fücking hard.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hmmm...

You may have to wait until we get the ship table finalized.  And the M-72 is something I made up on the spur of the moment to demonstrate ballistic primaries - making your own weapon is quite easy.

But I'd be willing to think about it. :) Use some other fighter in your campaign as a place holder for the time being.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I'm using the GTF Aurora (the EA Aurora from TBP) as a placeholder for the time being. I've reduced its hitpoints from 480 to 180, and giving it a few unlimited-ammo machineguns (not ballistic weapons), the Avenger, the VLL-9 (I turned the ML-16 into a powerful plasma gun called the PLS-10 Eclipse), and the Prometheus, and a choice of MX-50s, Furies, or Interceptors as secondary weapons.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Solatar

I think if you wanted to use really old technology for pirate stuff, fs1 era would be best. Unification War stuff are like antiques, and probably couldn't stand up to an unshielded Apollo.
The Apollo on the other hand could probably stand up to enough resistance for pirates to be able to use it.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The pirates will have seriously hot-rodded ships (just wait till you see their Valkyries!) but they are supposed to be easy-to-kill cannon fodder.

--General Battuta

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Solatar
I think if you wanted to use really old technology for pirate stuff, fs1 era would be best. Unification War stuff are like antiques, and probably couldn't stand up to an unshielded Apollo.
The Apollo on the other hand could probably stand up to enough resistance for pirates to be able to use it.

Pirates have lots of Apollos (in various states of customization), as well as Valks, Hercs, Ulysses, and other old ships. The Mustang is only ever used for the same reason as the Anubis--they're very cheap to buy.

--General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Okay, I see no reason why you can't use them.  But wait until we get the ships.tbl finalized and our FREDding VP pack distributed.  Then we'll fix you up.

A side note - the Viper (assuming we're talking about the same ship) is currently not being used in our campaign.  It looks too modern.  We may use it later on in some GTI mission, but we're holding off for now.