Author Topic: Campaign jokes  (Read 4185 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by TopAce

It looks Karajorma is one of the most popular men nowadays.
Make a bomber mission, when the player can get at most two Cyclops, because a drunk terrorist blown up himself in the missile storage, with a Helios on his back.

Thats mad :mad:

:) I suggested using the GTD Great Big Cube in DEM II a long while back. Apparently lots of people liked the joke so it keeps resurfacing :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
We still haven't given any ideas for Woolie yet. :)
Poor topic-opener:(
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by karajorma
:) I suggested using the GTD Great Big Cube in DEM II a long while back. Apparently lots of people liked the joke so it keeps resurfacing :)

Yeah. :) Unfortunately I can't think of much of a plot for DEM II.  The plot for DEM was directly inspired by a series of laugh-out-loud threads posted here on HLP in rapid succession (see the readme for links).  Plus the fact that I think I used up most of the FS cliches and jokes in DEM, leaving little left over for a sequel.

But anyone who wants to make DEM II has my blessing.  In fact, you can even use my 47th Red Shirts squadron logo. :D

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
I have decided what to do with the crazy smilie:

It will go on the front of the Armageddon anti-juggernaut bomb.

Paint naked vasudans on the sides of Orions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Vasudans don't wear cloths...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Hippo
Vasudans don't wear cloths...

Perhaps they wear flesh colored hotpants... Ever think that clothing would be able to mimic skin in the next 200 years? ;7
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
I'm thinking of adding some humor to my campaign (but not DEM-style humor) by throwing in jokes every now and then.

I think your time would be better spent thinking of a plausable explanation for the Terran-Shivan Alliance.

Unless the whole bloody thing is just a joke.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Originally posted by Goober5000

Yeah. :) Unfortunately I can't think of much of a plot for DEM II.  The plot for DEM was directly inspired by a series of laugh-out-loud threads posted here on HLP in rapid succession (see the readme for links).  Plus the fact that I think I used up most of the FS cliches and jokes in DEM, leaving little left over for a sequel.

But anyone who wants to make DEM II has my blessing.  In fact, you can even use my 47th Red Shirts squadron logo. :D

use spacecrack transports, terran shivan alliances, and some super spam weapon with an image of a spam can as ammo.
please?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Meh, my campaign also involves a Terran/Shivan alliance but at least I have a plausible explaination... Which I'm not going to give to you just yet...
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil: