Author Topic: A suggestion and a question.  (Read 2768 times)

A suggestion and a question.
Well, if there isn't i'd like to see a campaign competition or and awards thing. To help boost FS activity hopefully, yay? nay?

And how is Casualties of War? is it Extremely good? good? not worth playing?should i wait for the voice acting (it looks like its not comming though) I just recently got my FS2 running so i'm back into the FS gig, LOL i havn't played much of any other game since i got it back!

btw i've noticed that alot of interesting mods died in 2002! is that a cursed year or something?

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
COW is good campaing:)

campaign competition that could not work here i think
because all campaing teams want that they campaings are good
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 10:48:57 pm by 153 »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline diamondgeezer

There were competitions, for models and missions. However, neither got as much response as you would have liked.

Originally posted by Holy Imperial Gloriano
COW is good campaing:)

I wonder if that was intentional.
Why do people keep pointing guns at me?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The FRED contest came to my mind as the effect of awards: Who won it?

I shame myself for it, but I must admit despite I became a fanatic modder since I joined the forum(Serious! :)) , but I haven't played any community-made mods yet.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The FRED contest failed and was never completed cause unlike the modelling one there was no way to provide a preview of what was going on. So everyone assumed that no one else was doing anything and it all fell apart
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Nuclear1

Wow! HIG spelled campaigns right! I see fire raining from the clouds! :eek:

I have nothing useful to say except it wouldn't work.

*quack*
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by nuclear1
Wow! HIG spelled campaigns right!  

no he didn't:doubt:

Offline diamondgeezer

Well, he spelled it wrong twice and correctly once. I can only imagine the correct spelling was a typo on his part.

Offline Solatar

Didn't see hte correct spelling:D

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
oh.. i got fun club;)

*hires 3 hitmans*:D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 10:51:49 pm by 153 »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Nuclear1

Ah-hem....

Fan club, hitmen.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Back to the spelling of 'Campaign' what was wrong with my 'campaign' spelling in the 'Campaing names' thread?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline diamondgeezer

Well I told you that you'd mispelled 'campaing'. You said that you'd spelled 'campaign' correctly. I agreed with you but maintained that you'd mispelled 'campaing'. And so the cycle of stupidity continues.

why does it matter, i'm sure you got better things to do like MODing

Offline diamondgeezer

Oh I can do both, don't worry :)