Author Topic: My opinions about Inferno (so far)...  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
My opinions about Inferno (so far)...
I have yet to play thru the whole thing, but there's only about three things that I don't like:

1) After the Shivans arrive, it seems the EA just dissapears. Dunno if this is fixed later.

2) The game is VERY hard to play when there are messages on the screen. They contain important info, yet require a little too long to read, so you have to decide if you want to shoot down the enemy fighter, or view the messages.

3) Some random glitches, and some bad clipping on a couple Vasudan ships. Also, cap ships are a bit too easy to kill. Oh, yea, and if I try to go into Intelligence or Weaponry in the Tech room, teh game crashes.

Now, the good stuff:

1) Good storyline.

2) Excellent play dynamics, your modifications were quite good. I like the way that cap ship's flak is even faster-firing, and the beams are more deadly, etc.

3) And basically everything else! :D The complaints I listed above are all pretty minor, except the one about the messages. Good job, Inferno team! ;)

Offline Solatar

I played it with fs2_open, and your third bug is completely fixed except for some clipping on the Sol gate at close range.:)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
god the new explosions OWN and the shockers seeme like space warping SWEEET!!!!!!!
I hate My signature!

Re: My opinions about Inferno (so far)...
Originally posted by Unknown Target
I have yet to play thru the whole thing, but there's only about three things that I don't like:

1) After the Shivans arrive, it seems the EA just dissapears. Dunno if this is fixed later.

2) The game is VERY hard to play when there are messages on the screen. They contain important info, yet require a little too long to read, so you have to decide if you want to shoot down the enemy fighter, or view the messages.

3) Some random glitches, and some bad clipping on a couple Vasudan ships. Also, cap ships are a bit too easy to kill. Oh, yea, and if I try to go into Intelligence or Weaponry in the Tech room, teh game crashes.

Now, the good stuff:

1) Good storyline.

2) Excellent play dynamics, your modifications were quite good. I like the way that cap ship's flak is even faster-firing, and the beams are more deadly, etc.

3) And basically everything else! :D The complaints I listed above are all pretty minor, except the one about the messages. Good job, Inferno team! ;)

Problem 3 can be solved by creating a new pilot when FS2 first starts up. That means the initial select pilot screen - if you do it from the pilots screen off the main menu it'll copy the current (invalid) techroom data. Someone suggested cloning one's pilot on the initial screen too, but I've yet to test it.

Sid.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Those shockers are fun... :)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
Did you make all of that info in the Intelligence room? It looks pretty cool. :yes:

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
Re: Re: My opinions about Inferno (so far)...
Originally posted by SadisticSid

Problem 3 can be solved by creating a new pilot when FS2 first starts up. That means the initial select pilot screen - if you do it from the pilots screen off the main menu it'll copy the current (invalid) techroom data. Someone suggested cloning one's pilot on the initial screen too, but I've yet to test it.

Sid.

Clone it so you dont have to redo all the keyboard bindings....
I hate My signature!

Originally posted by DeepSpace9er
Did you make all of that info in the Intelligence room? It looks pretty cool. :yes:

Yes, I wrote pretty much every bit of text in R1. Woo did all the accompanying interface art.

Sid.