Author Topic: just note for inferno team  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
just note for inferno team
do not try make campaing were GTVA would win shivans forever
because they are old race and they are ten times more powerfull than GTVA:)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Re: just note for inferno team
Originally posted by Holy Imperial Gloriano
because they are old race and they are ten times more powerfull than GTVA:)

:nod: Good point. If they made a campaign like that, there would be no  way of making campaigns after it. And boy, that would really hurt Inferno's popularity! :nervous:

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
im getting a feeling that the shivans are something like the shadows from Babylon 5 since they always have superrior numbers and firepower but they apply it scarsly ;) so that they dont whipe humans and vasudans out but instead leave for a period of time and let us advance etc :)
I hate My signature!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: just note for inferno team
Originally posted by Holy Imperial Gloriano

That won't happen while the Gargant is around ;7

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It seems to me that Shivans only appear when one race tries to eliminate another. (14- year war, NTF rebellion... rivalry in GTVA ranks)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
That won't happen while the Gargant is around

thats good :)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
The Gargant ain't invulnerable, mate
Just becuase its the size of planets and its covered in loads of turrets, and just becuase its got the firepower to level whole fleets in one good shot, doesent mean its unstopable.

In fact, i could probably have in down in three missions:

1) Use Stealth fighters to take out turrets while a destroyer or two provides a distraction. Then go for engines to prevent escape.

2) Surround area with warfleet to take out anything which tries to save the Gargant.

3) Send LOADS and LOADS of bombers, with LOADS and LOADS of capital ship support, to blast the ship right back to the stone age.

Though that's not to say that the Gargant is weak. In fact, i bet it could send the Colossus packing in one good broadside.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Exarch

1) Stealth fighters just don't have the firepower to take out main turrets on supercaps. Same goes for subsystems. Remember what was needed to take out a beam on a mere Sathanas? 2 Helios bombs.

2) Taking out anything that tries to get past is easier said than done if the Shivans actually cared enough to get serious about breaking through.

3) Load and loads... and where exactly does the GTVA get an huge amount of capships and bombers to throw at it from?

Finally, I don't know the exact specs on the Gargant, but going by the other uber ships in the campaign so far, I'd guess it's more like 1 good blast from a single cannon to take out the Colossus ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2003, 07:43:17 am by 1089 »

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
You've got a point. But a colossus fried in ONE SHOT!!!!!

Umm...That's it, we have no other choice. WE MUST DEFECT TO THE SHIVANS!!!!!! We cannot stop them!

BOSCH, IM RIGHT BEHINED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

(Grabs nearest Eryines and flies into Shivan space)
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Originally posted by Exarch
1) Stealth fighters just don't have the firepower to take out main turrets on supercaps. Same goes for subsystems. Remember what was needed to take out a beam on a mere Sathanas? 2 Helios bombs.

2) Taking out anything that tries to get past is easier said than done if the Shivans actually cared enough to get serious about breaking through.

3) Load and loads... and where exactly does the GTVA get an huge amount of capships and bombers to throw at it from?

Finally, I don't know the exact specs on the Gargant, but going by the other uber ships in the campaign so far, I'd guess it's more like 1 good blast from a single cannon to take out the Colossus ;)

A single URed blast from the Gigas or Gargant will take out the Colossus in one shot, yes. :)

Sid.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: The Gargant ain't invulnerable, mate
Originally posted by T-Man
1) Use Stealth fighters to take out turrets while a destroyer or two provides a distraction. Then go for engines to prevent escape.

The most powerful bomb in the campaign does no damage to turrets, even the best primary weapons will do nothing.

We aren't joking when we say the Gargant can't be stopped :D