Author Topic: Damn....  (Read 1720 times)

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Uhh, slight problem here.

I just spent a week d/ling the exe (on my crappy 56k). "Great!" I thought. "Now I can play this much-anticipated campaign!" But, I run the exe, everything goes fine, until the progress bar gets to 50%. Then it waits for a bit, then gives me a "CRC error - the file INF_main.vp could not be installed to ..../FS2" message.

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN??? If it can be fixed, then I'll go for it, but I really don't want to d/l the whole thing again. Any ideas?
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
corrupted download. try again :(

try rerunning the installer
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Tried it six times.

Feel free to imagine any combination of extremely rude words at this point - I've probably just said most of them...

AAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!:hopping: :hopping: :hopping: :hopping:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Sounds like the download was incomplete.

56kers should be downloading the multi VP version, you need broadband to get the full one. You could then extract the multi VPs and combine them into one.

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Hmm... I used a manager thingy (Star Downloader). About four hours a day for a week. It's never corrupted or failed to finish anything before - kinda weird, cos it said it had finished, and the exe works fine up to 50% completion.

Oh, well - more annoying sitting about to do... :blah:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well a CRC error means the installer isn't complete. The installer does stop for some time on some systems then it continues, but if your getting an error message...