Author Topic: Fan-Map assistant Materials  (Read 2003 times)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Fan-Map assistant Materials
I've heard in many threads about people wanting to make Inferno maps. I'm pleased that this is allowed, and when i download the MOD, i'll be sure to join them.

However, if we are to do so, i was wondering if it would be possible for the Inferno Crew to release some assistant materials for us.

What i mean by this are files which help us understand stuff in Inferno, and thus help us make maps.

Here's two things that i feel would be nice:

1) Turret Maps: Some wireframe or model schematics of each ship in Inferno, showing where each turret is placed, and their corresponding number. This is useful if people wish to change the weapons on a particular ship, and its annoying when you dont know which turret is which.

2) Basic system info: Basic info on each theatre of conflict within Inferno, such as planets, instellations and nebulas. This would allow fan-made maps to be compatible with both eachother and the original Inferno campaign.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
1) If you use our open exes, there's a button in the ship editor which displays the table entry for that ship, used with the cycle turrets key in fred means we don't need to do this since you can do it yourself.

2) That'll take time, so don't expect anything for a while.

Offline Exarch

What woo said. It's the 'k' key in FRED to cycle through turrets, using it will give you, in turn, the number and location of each turret on the selected model.

Offline T-Man

Ah, i never knew that :lol:

Dont kill me! I'm too stupid to die!

Offline Exarch

It's understandable. The key is mislabeled in the FRED2 menus, where it's described as cycling through subsystems rather than turrets.

Offline T-Man

Well allow me to redeem myself by asking a question that isn't a complete waste of your time.

Do you know where i could copy and paste a Node map for Inferno onto my computer? I have one made by someone called Icefire, but i dont know if it is the right one for Inferno.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
INF Nodemap:

Offline T-Man

Thanks Woomeister, you've been a big help. I'll save the map onto my PC if thats okay eith you. Thanks again for everything!