Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Am I the only one?
Am I the only one with a mod-heavy campaign that doesn't feature at least one supership/weapon/fighter?

I swear I must be.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Well, since I was the first I believe I have a good excuse...  
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Does the Descent mega missile ( Fire and forget -heat seeking-, fast, and can shot down a fenris in one or two shots) is considered as a super weapon (for a fighter I mean)?

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin

Originally posted by venom2506:
can shot down a fenris in one or two shots

You do the math....
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Hey, lol, that's not my design  , that's Parallax one  

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Offline morris13

• New Marshal in town...
Technically I don't have a MOD yet, but the one that i'm shooting for wont have any super/anything. I really think that its kind of a cheap way to make a campaign interesting by including eye-candy and big zot, instead of having really interesting and challenging missions. Twilight didn't have anything like that as I recall from the mission testing I did, but did have VERY complex and challenging missions, which is much more interesting to me than the idea that the GTVA can suddenly pull a weapon with 4 times the power of a BFRed out of their butts =P
Which is not to say that BFGold isn't a cool weapon, or to disrespect the abilities and talents of the people who are doing the work. The Phobos for example is a really l33t job of modelling and I wish I could pull off something that spiffy. But I'd have a lil more respect if that pretty gold color was going along with a beam weapon that made some kind of sense for the GTVA to have. Smack that pretty beam on a new TSlash with slightly better damage and quicker recharge and it'll be just as cool to look at for the players without completely destroying game balance.
If it aint broke, break it!

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Ahh......a campaigner after my own heart.  

You'll notice that the screenshots with the new beams up on the R2NT site are all on Deimos or Aeolus ships.

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Well, I believe that using only new, beautiful and powerful ships and weapons on a campaign and loosing focus on the storyline and missions will surely result in a poor result.

Though I kinda started the super-juggernaut (though I don't like the term) business, I took measures to assure proper balance and a good challenge for the player on the missions, while using a whole range of new effects to boost the player's experience. And in my opinion, that's what makes a good campaign: good balance among storyline, playability, and visuals.
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Just combine interesting and challenging missions with cool new technology.   I can't wait to dogfight along the hull of the finished Gigas.  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!
Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod
Sushi's Freespace Zone-Future home of loads of cool stuff.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
I don't have a "supership" per se, just a well-balanced, advanced destroyer  

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT

Originally posted by Sushi:
Just combine interesting and challenging missions with cool new technology.   I can't wait to dogfight along the hull of the finished Gigas.  

Hehe you have to wait just a litle longer
Woomeister asked me to do all of the weapons for his campaing,they must look visualy cool but the also be functinal And the gigas beam looks sweet!!

------------------
           [email protected]                  
we all die but when we die we die whit spacecrack.
staff member ofSoc Inferno
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I have about 4/5 super ships in my campaign of Juggernaught and higher.

I make sure that my ships can be beaten. The Gigas isn't invincible but if it gets to fire first...  
Oh yeah and you WILL dogfight along the Gigas. Just don't go anywhere near the front of it.  

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
the thing i found about FS2 is it almost encourages ther ships to get larger and larger and larger.

For a start - thats what makes the shivans so scary, the fact that as of the end of the second invasion they don't know if the lucifer was just a light scout, the sathanas fleet was a small fringe battlegroup etc.

imagine shivans flying around in planet-sized dyson spheres or something.

BTW - did anyone think of a freespace2 RTS?

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases

Originally posted by wEvil:
BTW - did anyone think of a freespace2 RTS?
Yes.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
it was an idea that even DaveB responded to but it got owned because VBB people are generally idiots.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Pity.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
i remember seeing something about a homeworld conversion.

damn...i really need to learn c++

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com

:Cough: Babel Effect :Cough:  

------------------
Ace
Staff member FreeSpace Watch
 http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Was that just a p!mp, or are you actually going to have planet-sized Dyson spheres?

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Ace:

- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.