Author Topic: yay or nay  (Read 17988 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Goober5000

  • HLP Loremaster
  • Administrator
  • 214
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ha - like the fire trails on the DeLorean. :D

 

Offline KARMA

  • Darth Hutt
  • 211
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
well, all those goodies look great and I'm sure they will give the opportunity to the modders to make something special, just be sure they remain optional:)

 

Offline Flipside

  • əp!sd!l£
  • 212
Quote
Originally posted by Goober5000
Ha - like the fire trails on the DeLorean. :D


Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... travelling through an unstable warp-hole and ending up back in time in the middle of the Vasudan or Great War with the GT(V)A's only Erinyes.... That'd be an interesting campaign ;) LOL

Flipside :D

 

Offline Taristin

  • Snipes
  • 213
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Flipside: Would you mind posting the code you used to get those effects? They are uber sweet. :nod:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

 

Offline Flipside

  • əp!sd!l£
  • 212
I'll check if it's ok with Vasudan Admiral, it's his disruption ANI I use for the 'Fizzy' effect :) If he's ok, then I'll post it tomorrow :)

Flipside :D

 

Offline Taristin

  • Snipes
  • 213
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
OK. Thanks. :)  It looked really sweet. :yes:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

 

Offline Vasudan Admiral

  • Member
  • 211
    • Twisted Infinities
:lol: i was wondering why it looked a little familier :D
sure the 'fizzy' effect can be released, but it was made before i knew even the basics of psp. i think someone could have done a better job in ms paint :p
it was actually ment to be a disruption lightning effect, but looks really simple and silly.
i think you'll be a *bit* disapointed by it anyway :D :p


and these new thrusters look sweet! :eek2: i think we'll need new engine noises just to do them justice....

great work bobboau :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

 

Offline WMCoolmon

  • Purveyor of space crack
  • 213
I like the new thrusters :yes::yes: except for the lines. They look too much like, well, lines.
-C

 
Quote
Originally posted by Vasudan Admiral
:lol: i was wondering why it looked a little familier :D
sure the 'fizzy' effect can be released, but it was made before i knew even the basics of psp. i think someone could have done a better job in ms paint :p
it was actually ment to be a disruption lightning effect, but looks really simple and silly.
i think you'll be a *bit* disapointed by it anyway :D :p


and these new thrusters look sweet! :eek2: i think we'll need new engine noises just to do them justice....

great work bobboau :)


uhm, what kind of iamge would image noise be?

then i might me able to make some.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

 

Offline Nico

  • Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
  • 212
I think he just means engine sound?
SCREW CANON!

 
Quote
Originally posted by Venom
I think he just means engine sound?

\
ah well.

whatever image those lines are based on.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

 

Offline Turnsky

  • FOXFIRE Artisté
  • 211
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
    • The Foxfire Chronicles
Quote
Originally posted by Flipside



looks like the soul-reaver:D
The Foxfire Chronicles[/b]

   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Offline J.F.K.

  • 29
Quote
Originally posted by Flipside
LOL Well, winner of todays obvious question award is....

Me :)

Thanks

Flipside :D



:eek: Is that animated?
.
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

 

Offline Vasudan Admiral

  • Member
  • 211
    • Twisted Infinities
Quote
Originally posted by kasperl


uhm, what kind of iamge would image noise be?

then i might me able to make some.

yeah what venom said-engine sounds :)

the current ones make it seem quietly thrumming away, but these look like they're providing some serious thrust :D

and those lines are part of the animated lightning effect i was talking about-not really made for thruster wash :D (at all)
so if someone could whip up a proper partical ani i think this effect would be given one big boost :D
(if it looks good with my silly little lightning ani, it can look even better with....about anything else :p )
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

 

Offline Fineus

  • I made this.
  • Administrator
  • 212
    • Hard Light Productions
I love the screenshots but that said - I think it might look better if you lost most of the blue surrounding particles and just kept the white ones... the blue looks really out of place that far out from the trail!

 

Offline Flipside

  • əp!sd!l£
  • 212
$Thruster Particles:
   $Thruster Particle Bitmap:   disruption
   $Min Radius:         0.2
   $Max Radius:         1.2
   $Min created:         15
   $Max created:         25
   $Variance:            0.05
$Thruster Particles:
   $Thruster Particle Bitmap:   Puff
   $Min Radius:         0.5
   $Max Radius:         1.6
   $Min created:         15
   $Max created:         40
   $Variance:            0.05
$Thruster Particles:
   $Afterburner Particle Bitmap:   exploAeA
   $Min Radius:         0.2
   $Max Radius:         1.2
   $Min created:         25
   $Max created:         60
   $Variance:            0.1

This is a bit heavy on the particles, but it needs to be for the effect to work. I'll try doing some more ANI's and seeing what effects I can get :)

Here

Flipside :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2003, 11:29:38 am by 394 »

 

Offline Rictor

  • Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
  • 29
Quote
Originally posted by Kalfireth
I love the screenshots but that said - I think it might look better if you lost most of the blue surrounding particles and just kept the white ones... the blue looks really out of place that far out from the trail!


What he said. Oh and, tone it down a bit like Icefire said. The point is for the engine trails to look spectacular but now distracting.

Oh and Bobboau: You are most certainly the man. Amazing stuff, just really very really cool. :yes: :yes:

As well, I read in the first few posts that the egnine trails are visible even when ships aren't moving. Has that been fixed?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2003, 09:25:21 am by 644 »

 

Offline Flipside

  • əp!sd!l£
  • 212
I'll try working on toning the effect down a bit... some of these ani's were'nt really created as particles, I'll try to do some more appropriate ones :)

Flipside :D

Edit :Updated the link in my last post so it works :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2003, 11:31:25 am by 394 »

 

Offline Fineus

  • I made this.
  • Administrator
  • 212
    • Hard Light Productions
Quote
Originally posted by Flipside
$Thruster Particles:
   $Thruster Particle Bitmap:   disruption
   $Min Radius:         0.2
   $Max Radius:         1.2
   $Min created:         15
   $Max created:         25
   $Variance:            0.05
$Thruster Particles:
   $Thruster Particle Bitmap:   Puff
   $Min Radius:         0.5
   $Max Radius:         1.6
   $Min created:         15
   $Max created:         40
   $Variance:            0.05
$Thruster Particles:
   $Afterburner Particle Bitmap:   exploAeA
   $Min Radius:         0.2
   $Max Radius:         1.2
   $Min created:         25
   $Max created:         60
   $Variance:            0.1

This is a bit heavy on the particles, but it needs to be for the effect to work. I'll try doing some more ANI's and seeing what effects I can get :)

Here

Flipside :D


For the first time in years, I modded FS2. Thats right, this inspired me. Flee in terror.

Anyway, try this:

$Thruster Particles:
$Thruster Particle Bitmap: disruption
$Min Radius: 0.2
$Max Radius: 0.4
$Min created: 10
$Max created: 15
$Variance: 0.15
$Thruster Particles:
$Thruster Particle Bitmap: Puff
$Min Radius: 0.5
$Max Radius: 1.6
$Min created: 15
$Max created: 40
$Variance: 0.05
$Thruster Particles:
$Afterburner Particle Bitmap: exploAeA
$Min Radius: 0.2
$Max Radius: 1.2
$Min created: 25
$Max created: 60
$Variance: 0.1

Again, using Flipsides files (and complete kudos to him) but I found the blue disruption ani. a bit on the heavy side. This changes that (as you can see) and I think the effect is much nicer overall.

 

Offline Bobboau

  • Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
  • 213
/*flees in terror*/
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3


DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together