Author Topic: Another edit! GVD Apothess  (Read 4516 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Another edit! GVD Apothess
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/3dactionplanet/hlp/hosted/fsport/vasd-new.zip

Another Inferno edit by me, the new Apothess uses the same table and statistics as the original. It should be compatible with the Inferno Chapter 1 campaign, but for some reason when I replayed Gigas they didn't fire their main beams... anyway. Plop the POF in your models folder, the two PCXs in your maps folder, and you're all set. I've included the COB at 1/200 scale for tweakage. :)

I actually liked the original Apothess, but there were so many wasted polygons, I just had to tackle it. The basic form is the same, except that it goes from fourfold symmetry at the front, to threefold symmetry in the middle, to twofold symmetry at the back, which I think is pretty neat. Textures have also been chosen from a new palette for consistency.

Someone should update the Inferno Archives; I've doubled the content single-handedly. :thepimp:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Love the front of it, but the back needs a change in texture too. I think the original's textures fitted together a lot better.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Another edit! GVD Apothess
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
It should be compatible with the Inferno Chapter 1 campaign, but for some reason when I replayed Gigas they didn't fire their main beams...  

You named the turrets Turret01 instead of turret01, so our fire beam sexps don't work anymore.

Offline Culando

Oooh, sweeeet. Now it's all purty. :D *installs it and plans to make a few missions to play with it*

Edit: Scratch that, it doesn't want to work. I get an error saying i'm missing a texture called inbisibla.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 02:26:09 pm by 212 »
The boy who cried project.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Re: Re: Another edit! GVD Apothess
Originally posted by Woomeister

You named the turrets Turret01 instead of turret01, so our fire beam sexps don't work anymore.

What a stupid bug.

OK, ZIP's ben updated... Turret01 is now turret01, and the typo in the invisible texture has been fixed. :doubt:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Why did you actually add an invisible fighterbay wall, it isn't need and requires a table edit to allow fighters to fly into it.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I hate those invisible walls anyway, why is one prevented to fly "in"if they want. why can't I sit inside the hangar of the lucifer and shoot at it while it can't strike back :p?
SCREW CANON!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Originally posted by Venom
I hate those invisible walls anyway, why is one prevented to fly "in"if they want. why can't I sit inside the hangar of the lucifer and shoot at it while it can't strike back :p?

For exactly that reason. :D

Besides, the invisible wall is in the same place as the back wall of the fighterbay in the original Apothess. If it annoys you that much just replace the 'invisible' texture with something else. :ha:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Or add "no collide invisible" to the flags
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
It's still a giant ugly flying raygun, but it's much better than before.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Model view says there's too many polies to view... :wtf:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor

For exactly that reason. :D

But that's a common sci-fi rule:
to destroy the big meanies, you must go in and pummel them from inside :D
SCREW CANON!

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
All this ship needs, is

1) a new texture for the back end\
2) more back end period
3)a straight "neck" connecting the front and back instead of the bent one
4) a smaller front.
5) a docking thing that connects 4 or 5 together and focuses all energy to be a superbeam.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Originally posted by DeepSpace9er
5) a docking thing that connects 4 or 5 together and focuses all energy to be a superbeam.

*must... resist... making... sexual... reference...*

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Giving it a straight shaft and a smaller head would make that even worse...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam

Offline J.F.K.

Looking really slick. A tad dark, though... :)
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
You think anyone other than a black man would have a 2km long wang?

:nervous:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries

--General Battuta