Author Topic: New Fighter:F-34A Cutlass  (Read 5059 times)

Offline Lynx

New Fighter:F-34A Cutlass
It's old news for the guys from the WC CIC and the WCS:BGS staff, but I haven't yet showed it here. Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the F-34A Cutlass medium fighter. It's armed with two lasers and two photon cannons and carries four missiles.

And someone give me access to the internal forum, please.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

YES!!!

BIG ASS GUNS!  A GLORIOUS F-15+WC1Raptor like model!

That is what WC is all about. I guess it is a Morningstar Contemporary is it not?

3 q's!

Why did you not post this at the modding forum?

Will it get the shine and glow maps that all other WC Saga ships are getting?

What era wing commander do you see this ship in?
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Originally posted by GT-Keravnos

Why did you not post this at the modding forum?

Will it get the shine and glow maps that all other WC Saga ships are getting?

What era wing commander do you see this ship in? [/B]

1) Why not in the modding Forum...well it belongs to WC and so he posted it here at the WC Forum...seams quite normal to me to do so.

2) By the time every ship will get these glow and shine maps...cause it looks just better with it ^_^

3) Well I think it was WC1 timeline....not sure about that. I have to finde the discribption for it.

@Lynx: Hope its ok for you that I have answered for you.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Lynx

Gevatter Lars! How dare you answering a question concerning my post? Shame on you!!! No, wait. Why should that be not okay?:) :lol:

Yes, it's supposed to be from the WC1/Pre WC1 timeline. Here's the description:

As one of the first new fighter designs in the war, the Cutlass was rushed into service in 2635 due to construction delay of the Corsair fighter. It performed well in combat, but after some time it's worrying tendency for errors in the electronic  and the new automatic ejector system became obvious, and the production was stopped after  361 ships. More than one pilot got slammed into the ceiling of the flight deck when the automated ejector seat went off after damage to the electronics, resulting in the pilots joking that the fighter takes revenge on its pilots if they treat the ship badly and techs referring to them with rather crude names, and the new ejector system was swapped with an older, yet more reliable one. In the late 2640s, the remaining fighters were refitted with new reactors, new electronics gear and an additional layer on of armor in an effort to keep them battleworthy. Nowadays, they are still found in service along with the Hornet, the two beeing the oldest fighter designs in the Confederation, a rare sight, mostly stationed in planetary defense sqadrons or on space stations where they still serve as deterrent to pirates and occasional Kilrathi raiders.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I was going to say it looked rather like the WC1 style of ships.  An excellent design philosophy definately followed to create this vessel and keep it within the right style!  Excellent work on that to be sure!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Lynx

Here's a compilation of techroom shots showing it in full shinemapped glory. Behold:

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
yay, another completed ship!
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis