Author Topic: V should have nothing to do with FS3  (Read 13332 times)

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
V should have nothing to do with FS3
You are so gonna get burned for mentioning FS3 :D

*gets a big bag of popcorn and goes to sit in his comfy chair to watch the inferno*

:drevil:
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Why shouldn't Volition make FS3 if they can and wish too? Just because you or I don't like space-sims on consoles doesn't mean you have to be moron.
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Leave god out of this, and if you are so sure volition won`t make a PC version ,you`d better take a second to rethink!! :nod:
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: V should have nothing to do with FS3
Originally posted by Rake
God I hope Volition has nothing to do with FS3.

Cheers.

[glow=red]DIE.:hopping::mad:[/glow]
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Console..?

:shaking: :shaking:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
so f'in what? I'd buy the game only to see get closure on what was planned as a trilogy. heck, I'd even by the console to go with it, if that was the case.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Volition would never be stupid enough to put a goddamned SPACE SIM on a console.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
Volition would never be stupid enough to put a goddamned SPACE SIM on a console.

maybe it isn't their call.
and still, it's all speculation right now. you could interpret half a dozen different meanings in that quote, for example.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Eh?  FS would work perfectly on a console - it's pretty much an arcade game as is.  And for those of you who disagree with me, i say Starfox......

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
And how, exactly, do you propose we order our wingmen around? Or handle subsystem targeting? Or energy management?

Or FRED?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Personally, if FS3 came out on console, I would disown any knowledge that it was canon, and I wouldn't follow it with any campaigns.

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
As I said there, I'd buy it anyway. :)
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I have to agree with Rake, but with the notable addition, only as long as either Interplay or THQ has any word in the matter.

If the :V: guys were allowed to make a game THE WAY THEY WANT IT, then I'm all for it.

BTW if this ever happens I thik SCP will be a fundament they would have no way to disregard, even if its a minor project in international terms.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Grow up guys.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Hmm...the FS3 bomb explodes, once again.

Well, moving to a more mature piece of the world:

What rights do the Hard Light community posses in terms of ownership and decision over the fate of FS?
This is not a theoretical question, but a legal one. I know we can retell the stuff about patents ownerships ect. However I have a feeling that to small degree even a the companies have to admit the community has contributed more than enough to get a minor partial right over the fate of FS.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Ladies and gents, I direct your attention to the following:

Consider if you will, the situation from an economic standpoint – the market for console games is growing rapidly with the X-Box, PS2, and Game Cube.  There are more fans of consoles than there are of PCs, a fact which has made itself rather well known in my city at least.  If you were a game developer, and you were to make a game, would you do so for PCs on a smaller market with few potential and probable consumers or would you do so for a console on a larger market with more potential and probable consumers?  They’d only be doing what businesses by nature must do.

EDIT: On the subject of rights to FS, we as a community hold none.  We do not hold any patents, we are not a legal entity, we are a small minority, and we don't really have any power in terms of buying power (excluding those of us who are willing to throw in multiples of thousands of USDs into a game).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2003, 04:42:19 pm by 528 »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
And how, exactly, do you propose we order our wingmen around? Or handle subsystem targeting? Or energy management?

Or FRED?

In order;
(i.e. Ps2 controller)
Pause menu (could also use yellow view buttons as on the N64 pad, or the d-pad), shoulderpad buttons, can be dumped as uneccessarry.  FRED - don't really need for a console game, or can release levels via an online service.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
if [V] wrote FS3 for the console then ported to the PC it would be the biggest disaster in Space Flight Simulations since Chris Roberts Sold out and made that **** movie and let Erin/Eric (what ever his brothers name is) make Privateer 2 (prophecy wasn't _that_ bad and had the spiffy map)

IF Volition got serious - wrote a new game engine from scratch simultaneously targetting both PC and Console with slightly different engines - making the console version tailored to the console's strengths and the PC version just as spiffy good as the previous ones and using all their spiffy game making abilities that i know are there and didn't show up on Red Faction thanks to them only having three months to port - THEN it would kick butt

I don't mind them making a console version - so long as the PC version doesn't suffer from it like with Red Faction
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
Originally posted by Shrike
Grow up guys.

You actually think that will EVER happen? :D
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE