Author Topic: -dshowvid ??  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Target

Was this command taken out for some reason? I've gotten an error when trying to use it with the last few releases.

Offline mnftg64

yeah me too

I have 3.5.5

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
It was changed to "-dnoshowvid", as movies are now enabled by default.
-C

Offline Target

Thanks, just tested it out with the fsport and for some reason the avi doesn't always come to the forefront. I can hear it playing in the background behind the loading screen. If I escape out and restart the campaign it will usually work.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
This must be some hard drive seeking error (it is too slow) or your codecs are somewhat overwritten through your course of upgrades.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline mnftg64

Also, when the intro was fixed to play in fs2 open, were the endings fixed to play also?

Offline Target

Originally posted by Flaser
This must be some hard drive seeking error (it is too slow) or your codecs are somewhat overwritten through your course of upgrades.

Don't think so, my comp is pretty new and I just formatted a couple months ago. Using divx 5.0.5.

Offline Target

Originally posted by mnftg64
Also, when the intro was fixed to play in fs2 open, were the endings fixed to play also?

I think they will, although I haven't got that far to make sure. A slightly modified campaign file is needed though. Just change all the .mve extensions to .avi in freespace2.fc2. Or download the fs2_open-withmovies.zip thats kicking around here somewhere.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Target

I think they will, although I haven't got that far to make sure. A slightly modified campaign file is needed though. Just change all the .mve extensions to .avi in freespace2.fc2. Or download the fs2_open-withmovies.zip thats kicking around here somewhere.

I thought I answered this one yesterday. The end movies are not dependant on the campaign file but are hard coded to trigger after the End-campaign SEXP is used in a mission in the main FS2 campaign. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline mnftg64

your did karajorma, but you also said you wern't sure about if it was fixed or not, so I decided to ask on this board to see if any of the scp people knew.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
They should still work.  I think the movie playing code searches for AVI, even if it sees the MVE extension.