Author Topic: "You've flown an excellent mission" in Battle of the Wilderness  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Genryu

"You've flown an excellent mission" in Battle of the Wilderness
I was amusing myself by redoing for the xth times the Freespace 2 main campaign. I'm of the habit of always checking the recommandations after the mission, and this time, after Battle of the Wilderness, instead of the usual "We have no recommandations for you.", the message was "You've flown an excellent mission."
Does someone know what are the requirement to activate this message, or if it's only my computer playing with my head? :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 09:43:24 am by 1337 »
Man is making better fool proof machines everyday. Nature is making bigger fools everyday. So far, Nature is winning.
- Albert Einstein
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?"
- Gandhi

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Mission designers sometimes add in little congratulatory notes, particularlyu if you perform above the minimum requirements for a mission, but not far enough to deserve a medal. Seems you've stumbled across one :). Open the mission in FRED to find out exactly what it was you did to warrant it if you want (debrief editor).
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Genryu

Well, if anybody is interested, it seems that to get this message, you only have to keep all the ships presents with you alive. As it is, I think that I'm not the only one that got this message ;).
Man is making better fool proof machines everyday. Nature is making bigger fools everyday. So far, Nature is winning.
- Albert Einstein
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?"
- Gandhi

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
I've gotten it... I also have a habit of reading recomendations, even if i did everythign right... There are some others hidden in there too, and some when you fail something extremely easy...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
You're not dreaming, Genryu - I always read my recommendations, and I came across that one too. Was a bit of a surprise, actually. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.