Author Topic: The SCP _Should_ terminate all relations with GameSpy effective immediately  (Read 9806 times)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
The DMCA has been used to squash criticism before in difiance of the 1st ammendment, and the corporations that abuse it never go against anyone with the lawyers to get it in front of SCOTUS so that section od the DMCA could be nullified.

At first it appeared that GameSpy was abusing the DMCA, but what it was is thatt they didn'y only rely on the DMCA and just used it for additional clout (let their laywers who only care about money right the letter) and they had a justifiable reason to go after the man.  While going after his adviserories is a bit excessive, he did have it coming due to piracy software he had on his site and he had tried to extort a "consulting fee" from gamespy in the past.
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

aha.

so you sent an angry email to gamespy for bascily nothing, practicly in the name of the SCP, while we were trying to get Gamepsy to host the SCP and FS2.

please tell me i misunderstood.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
kasperal, Kaz did send an "apology" and received a freindly response from GS; i think our relations with GS are peachy for now...

you didnt misunderstand, your just a little behind on the descussion ;)
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
i did not send an _angry_ letter i sent a _concerned_ letter from a _member_ of the SCP, and GameSpy was very prompt and forthcoming in responses and our relations are good, and they are very excited to be continuing our relationship and hoping that we can get the fileplanet release of FS2 going

our relations are better than peachy
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

ok, good, no hard feelings, i hope?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
I don't think you can have a 'peachy' relationship if there are bad feelings! :D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat