Author Topic: Offer of services to Inferno crew  (Read 2954 times)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Offer of services to Inferno crew
Hi, T-Man here. This thread is for the makers of Inferno.

I always have and always will love freespace, and ever since about april of this year, i've been addicted to Inferno. I feel the work that Woomeister and others are doing is extrodinary, and is a true show of their skill and abilities.

I remember reading on the thread "Archive updates" Woomeister himself using the lines "We have only three FREDers in our group, any more would be welcome"

It is for this reason that i would like to offer my services to the Inferno crew as a FREDer and Ship\station designer.

I am currently 15, and my dream is to become a computer games designer. I love sitting down and typing storylines and concepts for games, and i love drawing out blueprints for ship designs. I feel that joining up with your team would serve as a good "work experience" and get me used to life in such a job, while at the same time creating somthing others and myself will enjoy.

Thankyou for your time
T-Man
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Then here's the brief: spend a good eight hours making an original mission using the Inferno R1 modpack. My only constraints are that it must be thorough, complete, fun to play, and it must 'flow' well. If you can show us you can make a decent quality scenario, not just a smattering of sexps in the Events box like so many people do, we'll gladly have you on board.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Thankyou very much Sid :D, i'll begin designing right away. Expect somthing by January :yes:.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
Eight hours, man that's a freaking long time.  It wouldn't take me more than an hour to make a mission with  the stuff you said(the longest part would be coming up with what would happen).  8 Hours... man that's pushing it...
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
Id try to make a mission to send you, but im too critical of my own work.

Originally posted by adwight
Eight hours, man that's a freaking long time.  It wouldn't take me more than an hour to make a mission with  the stuff you said(the longest part would be coming up with what would happen).  8 Hours... man that's pushing it...

Eight hours 'on and off' is the time I'd say I spent on some of INF's more complex scenarios, namely the penultimate and the Sol Gate spying missions. A lot of it was spent debugging the events and testing, of course.

DS9er, the offer is there for you too if your self-criticality expires. :)

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
I guess my problem is i think up a good idea for a mission, then about 2 hours into it, i think the idea is stupid, not original or pointless then i give up on it. I got to stop thinking too much :sigh:

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
try to use a mission from R1, FS2, or something else as an idea.  just keep the warships to a minimum unless you have each warship there for a specific purpose
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Admittedly the number of warships in R1 was too high; that's why the 're-balancing' initiative was started. So don't follow THAT aspect of chapter 1 if you're using those for reference. :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Well, what's the point of having 60 new warships in a 15-mission campaign if you don't get to see them all? :D

...:blah:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
You can FRED missions with them.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
Started on a mission based on 3 different ones from R1 so its not all that original. It may take more than 8 hours as im kinda busy back in the real world. :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Galemp
Well, what's the point of having 60 new warships in a 15-mission campaign if you don't get to see them all? :D

That's why we created the archives mission areas :p

Plus the next release should be more than 15 missions ;7

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Originally posted by Galemp

So you can see them later on. R1 was just one chapter in Inferno.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
the eventual point will be to play through all three (or four) releases without installing additional mods.  Plus it gives people something to play with while they wait
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord