Author Topic: Havent Seen Much Activity  (Read 17512 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Liberator

Given EA's lack of acknowledgement of the basic humanity of their enemy, one would expect that they wouldn't bat an eye at whackig a few dozen civilians.

:wtf:
Just because the EA are the enemy, doesn't mean they are the bad guys ;7

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
There is only 1 true claymore (and its frikin awesome)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If you mean the new Claymore Mk I, then yeah. Though the Mk I we use doesn't look as good as these new ones I've made.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I mean THE Claymore. Not mk. 1 not mk. 2 just the Claymore (The one for reci & scroll)

The EA doesn't recognise BETAC. They simply exclude Hippocrates class ships from their target lists, as the GTVA isn't stupid enough to use them in combat.

BETAC was a relic of the pre-Capella era that forged the GTVA out of the GTA and PVE. As relations between the two races deteriorated in the years following the destruction of Capella and their agendas became divergent, the role of BETAC in enforcing 'the Vasudans and the Terrans maintaining separate fleets under a single command structure' became incompatible.

Woolie Wool, you seem to have your wires severely crossed. If a 'civilian' ship fires on your forces it is hostile, regardless of how many civilians are on board. I did not say that all ships of that class would be treated as targets, but if said ships engage in hostilities they instantly become them.

Liberator, the EA isn't at war with the GTVA because they consider them inferior or inhuman or anything like that. They simply want to expand their 'empire' and enlarge. :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by SadisticSid
The EA doesn't recognise BETAC.

Well yeah, BETAC gives all power in Terran and Vasudan space to the GTVA. If the EA had recognised it, they would have to instantly surrender Earth to the GTVA government as it is part of Terran space.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by SadisticSid

Woolie Wool, you seem to have your wires severely crossed. If a 'civilian' ship fires on your forces it is hostile, regardless of how many civilians are on board. I did not say that all ships of that class would be treated as targets, but if said ships engage in hostilities they instantly become them.

KT was talking about killing everyone to make sure that the occasional threat doesn't pop up. If the ship fires on you, destroy it. If it doesn't, leave it alone.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Please don't tell me it's the old "bad guys are really good guys" story :rolleyes: :p

Originally posted by Woomeister

:wtf:
Just because the EA are the enemy, doesn't mean they are the bad guys ;7

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No, but it still doesn't mean the EA are bad.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
If YOU had been cooped up in a star system filled with rebellion and strife for decades while being sealed off from the rest of your species, I don't think you would feel too charitable towards an armed fleet that barges into your system either.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Are the EA bad, though?  Blaise Russel did an interesting take on that. :drevil:

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
wait until chapter 2 to find out :D
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
How long will that be? ;7

So what's the status of chapter 2 since you mentioned it? ;)
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We have chapter 1 to do first...

We have upwards of 200 weapons and ship statistic configurations to do before that, even. :p

Re-chapter 1 will involve at least 7 new missions (the first seven in R1 will be scrapped, certainly) and fewer capital ships per mission. Chapter 2 will follow that, and is already in the works.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Sheesh. :eek2:

So does that mean missions 1-7 or 1-8 (since there's no mission 5 ;))?

I agree that most of the first half wasn't as good as the second half, except for INF-C1A-07... that was pretty cool. :yes:

EDIT: So you're scrapping the mission with the Het-Ka, as well as the ship itself.  Are you getting rid of the entire Het-Ka subplot?  If so, can you tell us the original plans for it? ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 03:39:26 pm by 561 »

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
i just updated my inf build.  and to dispel and rumo(u)rs, i made bob's shots code work for turrets now. it also ups MAX_WEAPON_TYPES if INF_BUILD is defined.  That is all
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There was about a years gap between the design of the first half of the chapter and the 2nd half, that's one of the reasons for the quality difference.

The new Inferno will have:

some new ships, some remade old ones

totally new weapons

new missions

cutscenes

new head anis for messages

a proper mainhall

and probably more stuff I've forgotten

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
D3D non HT&L