Author Topic: another find the feature  (Read 18384 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
skybox

pof in models, jpgs in maps. use opengl fred and put the name of the pof in the skybox field in the background editor.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
yeah it uses the shine map, I figured it would be just about perfict, and haveing a thrid map would be a huge wast of memory and slow, this way it already has the shine map set properly and it just canges a few minor things and makes a third pass (no way to realy do this well at the same time as the shine map)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

bob, what about that bug i posted?
do you know if this is your code, or should i try FSO 20_01?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I don't know what your talking about there,
can you get a screen shot?
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Looks gorgeous, but by God it takes a chunk out of the Framerate at the moment ;)

Flipside :D

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
it does? I didn't see any diference
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline redmenace

« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 12:24:19 pm by 887 »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Hmmmmmmmmmmm... It's probably the way it's being used here, look at 'RT's Texture Code' thread in the Internal Forum, and imagine that with Environment mapping, I think that's what's causing the slowdown ;)

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well turn off his code, he said you shouldn't use it anymore (as it doesn't work)

and can we get some shots of something that is not the ass end of a Loki
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I was going to say that the glitch is probably retribution for choosing to fly a Loki in the first place :p  I don't have time to test this right now, but the premise is more than a little exciting.  Can't wait to see the environment map off of my cockpit glass :)
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Can we a screenie with someone using a skybox?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Bobboau

and can we get some shots of something that is not the ass end of a Loki

That was his complaint. :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Solatar

When I start up this build, nothing shows up. There's just a fullscreen black screen, and the menus and sounds are underneath but invisible. This includes not displaying the splash screen.

Latest one I have that works is 1/20/04.

ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128mb
1024 mb RAM
Intel Pentium IV 1.8GHz
Windows XP Home Edition

Are there any known fixes for this bug, like registry changes or something? Or do I need to figure out how to work Mantis and put it in there?

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Ambient Light kills this feature - i would really like to see this with ambient turned almost to zero. Implemented the command line yet? :p

Also, I found a really nice & hidden bug for you. It's not actually a bug, but a feature.

Well, you have updated the way ANIs are loaded into textures - they get preferred over other file formats. That's good - but it causes a slight problem with the main FS2 data. The tech room anim and the texture of most bombs (and some other missiles) have the same name. Try firing a cyclops in-game. It will use the tech room ani as a texture instead of the bomb texture. Same with Helios, the TAG missiles and some other stuff as well. :D
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Solatar

I turned off some random stuff in the command line section...and this build seems to work.

Kickass!

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
mm it doesn't work here, but due to my old system, you probably don't have to worry about.
I see something like the old shard of death in the techroom, but much much more messy, the screen is flashing white and is messy,  everything is slow, even the movements of the mouse cursors, and I can't continue to the mission simulator, no matter how many time a press the mouse button, and after a while it crash and I have to reboot.

Another erm... feature.

Try dying in a mission.  It's quite a _stretch_ to believe that is supposed to happen ;)

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
don't mention this in any bug reporting (mantis) yet as it's just a little demo thingy.

the animation thing is going to require some major hackage to get working right, this is why I had it set to load anis if it couldn't find a texture, not the other way around.

as I said, the tech room isn't likely oing to work (at least not before you go into a mission fist)

and Solatar, try to figure out with comand line option killed it
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Lightspeed
Also, I found a really nice & hidden bug for you. It's not actually a bug, but a feature.

Well, you have updated the way ANIs are loaded into textures - they get preferred over other file formats. That's good - but it causes a slight problem with the main FS2 data. The tech room anim and the texture of most bombs (and some other missiles) have the same name. Try firing a cyclops in-game. It will use the tech room ani as a texture instead of the bomb texture. Same with Helios, the TAG missiles and some other stuff as well. :D

Hey, that's freaking cool! :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by Bobboau

and Solatar, try to figure out with comand line option killed it

Already working on it.:)

EDIT: -d3d_notmanaged

Says it's not finished in the launcher anyway, and I was just checking out random command lines. I did manage to get into the game. Ingame, all textures are white, there is no HUD, no backgrounds, no text.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 09:15:23 pm by 691 »