Author Topic: another find the feature  (Read 18386 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Really? I turned that off, and every screen was 'screenes' over the prior one and the mouse left a trail all over the screen. I do have a screeny if anted. :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Originally posted by Unknown Target
Can we a screenie with someone using a skybox?

I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline diamondgeezer

Ach, I won't get a chance to test this beauty out till the weekend. In the mean time, let me just say, regarding the piccies in this thread (the ones which aren't the arse end of a Loik): DAMN![/b]

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
the hecate is pants wettingly cool now (useing LS's shinemaps)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
ok, last I'm going to touch of this till after 3.6, I added my trueform code into this and it makes everything just, oh so much better looking (too bad it also makes everything crash randomly for no reason)
use the comand line -max_subdivide 2.5 (2.5 can be a smaller or bigger number, that's just what I recomend for now)
it's the same file,just re-download
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
Originally posted by Bobboau

as I said, the tech room isn't likely oing to work (at least not before you go into a mission fist)

yeah, the prob is that I can't even get to the missions:p

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Nuke, you have the most psychadelic backgrounds I have ever seen in all my days of FSing. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

well turn off his code, he said you shouldn't use it anymore (as it doesn't work)

and can we get some shots of something that is not the ass end of a Loki

bob, one more time:

i am reporting a slight bug, when you go out of the cockpit, and then back in, you see the back end of your ship, locked in front of you, when you moce around, it mves in the opposite direction, the screenies show the exact problem. the only problem was that i posted with an .bom URL instead of .com, redmanace reposted it without the typo.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
oooo damn I have piccies of an Orion - but I need someplace to host it, seeing as how all ye HLPers managed to break SPhosting AGAIN!!! :P
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
4 FPS?
SCREW CANON!

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
takeing screen shots does that
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It's even worse with the original FS2 actually since it's writing even larger .tga files (not that bmp is exactly small!). :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
in d3d, the screenshot function also compresses the TGA while the OGL version doesn't so its much faster, but i doubt the effect will work.  this is yet another thing to work on *sigh*
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
BTW how do you disable ambiant light?

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Can we please make specular and reflection maps seperate? I really hate seeing metal that should be specular, but not reflective also.

Offline redmenace

Deepblue, I think this answers your question:
yeah it uses the shine map, I figured it would be just about perfict, and haveing a thrid map would be a huge wast of memory and slow, this way it already has the shine map set properly and it just canges a few minor things and makes a third pass (no way to realy do this well at the same time as the shine map)
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
No. It doesnt look good to have both shine maps and reflection maps on the same surface sometimes. (especially when it comes to the hull, it should be shiny but not reflective)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Okay. I must be doing something wrong cause as soon as I run this build all the specular lighting and glowmaps disappear.

Here's my command line -spec -glow -pcx32 -jpgtga -d3d_no_vsync -d3dmipmap -fps -fov 0.42 -max_subdivide 2.5
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Originally posted by Deepblue
No. It doesnt look good to have both shine maps and reflection maps on the same surface sometimes. (especially when it comes to the hull, it should be shiny but not reflective)

i kinda think he's right, the effects should be kept seprate.  however adding another map could be a problem too.  another pass would slow things down abit.

i take it that this code is based entirely off of an older build and has nothing to do with the uber fast htl test build. assuming this, once the code is integrated into the uber htl build then we could probibly get away with another pass if we sacrifice uber polycounts (as in < 8000 polys/ship). the map situation would start getting out of control, modders would need 4 bitmaps/ship (texture, glow, shine, and env). this gets confusing fast. i think havins some kind of material library woud be cool.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN