Author Topic: Wuh Oh  (Read 1741 times)

Uh oh, problem! Recently, Freespace 2 has been acting up and im starting to get a fuzzy noise in the background. Not to mention the fact that all my weapon loadouts for missiles are set to 0, and so I'm starting to think that Freespace 2 just got jacked suddenly. Anything like this happen to you guys?

Offline Zuljin

• Cake!
Originally posted by .::Tin Can::.
Uh oh, problem! Recently, Freespace 2 has been acting up and im starting to get a fuzzy noise in the background. Not to mention the fact that all my weapon loadouts for missiles are set to 0, and so I'm starting to think that Freespace 2 just got jacked suddenly. Anything like this happen to you guys?

I'm not sure about the sound, but I've had the missile problem before.
And since I have absolutely no idea how to fix this I'll just recommend a reinstall of the game, that should fix it :nod:
...unless you've already tried that

reinstall, use FSO instead of vanilla, start replacing some VP's, kill any mods you might have..........
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline diamondgeezer

Weapon loadouts and stuff will be the first thing to screw up if you fiddle with the tables during a campaign

DURRING a campaign, or at the beginning?

The weapon MOD's seem to screw things up, but even without them, the game has a weird sound problem where if I go on my usual attack run with, say, a Subach-HL7 and Tempests and begin heading at a Cain and let loose with all of them the sounds get all fuzzy and static-ish, and if command is trying to talk to me, he is just plumb fuzzed out or drowned out.

And is the Maxim gun supposed to have only 2000 ammo? Where did THAT come in?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You're using Lightspeed's new weapons aren't you? Could be a problem either with your install or an FS2_Open bug.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Yep, the new weapons. I have no problem RUNNING them, its just that they **** up my sound system as well as all sorts of other things, like make the loadout go to 0. Makes me mad...