Author Topic: Freespace 2 to Babylon 5 Wars conversion (completed)  (Read 3183 times)

Freespace 2 to Babylon 5 Wars conversion (completed)
Hey everyone, I've just completed a set of conversions of Freespace 2 to a game called Babylon 5 Wars. B5Wars is a miniature game (which is now out of production) played on a hex map with scale metal miniatures of Babylon 5 craft. Essentially you play the game to fight starship battles in the B5 Universe.

Anyhow, I've converted Freespace 2 to this game, and the neccesary files are available here:

knossos.firenebula.com

So now you can play Freespace2 without a computer :) I'm not sure if the conversions are any fun to play with, but someone find amusement out of them.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Wowsers, dude. :) How long did all this take you? That's some very detailed work, right there!
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'm quite frankly going to download this and have a go at it simply to pay homage to the amount of work put in, it at least deserves a try! :)

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
We need to find some minis for this... I now have a reason to start playing B5 Wars...

I was working on it off and on for a few months, some of them were very easy to do, I did all the Shivan fighters in a night for instance, and others, like the Sathanas took longer.

We need to find some minis for this... I now have a reason to start playing B5 Wars...

Actually there are lots of great reasons to play B5 Wars. The game itself is very good, but there are also numerous conversions available for it. Thus far, there are Star Trek Conversions, Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Andromeda, Stargate SG-1, and soon I'll be working on FS1 + Robotech while another guy does some Dune ships.

This website: planetside.firenebula.com alone has almost 600 custom SCSes, including several hundred for Star Trek from all Star Trek series (a lot of conversions from FASA's game as well)

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Originally posted by Akalabeth Angel
I was working on it off and on for a few months, some of them were very easy to do, I did all the Shivan fighters in a night for instance, and others, like the Sathanas took longer.

Actually there are lots of great reasons to play B5 Wars. The game itself is very good, but there are also numerous conversions available for it. Thus far, there are Star Trek Conversions, Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Andromeda, Stargate SG-1, and soon I'll be working on FS1 + Robotech while another guy does some Dune ships.

This website: planetside.firenebula.com alone has almost 600 custom SCSes, including several hundred for Star Trek from all Star Trek series (a lot of conversions from FASA's game as well)

Stargate SG-1?? So we get to play Prometheus vs whatever Gou'ald monstrosity they come up with next?

Stargate SG-1?? So we get to play Prometheus vs whatever Gou'ald monstrosity they come up with next?

Well, the Stargate conversions are new and at the moment, pretty overpowered and unbalanced. But the guy's been getting some feedback so hopefully they'll improve some.

I am grateful and thankful for all of that.

I have also found on planetside a mission called "slaying Rathana"... it reminds me of something :D

Here's the link...

http://planetside.firenebula.com/greatmachine/files/issue5/gm_issue5_attach2.zip

Thanks again to Akalabeth Angel and enjoy!
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

I am grateful and thankful for all of that.

I have also found on planetside a mission called "slaying Rathana"... it reminds me of something

Yeah, well me and the other guy produce a monthly fan magasine for B5Wars, and this month I did an article on the FS2 conversions, and then a few days later opened up the website for the full list of ships. The Slaying Ravana bit is largely redundant aside from the fluff + the scenario