Author Topic: Ship suggestion  (Read 1601 times)

G'day maties, I bring forward a suggestion for a ship that could possibly be created for FS2. :)

Archangel

Dominion

It's called the Archangel class, and it is from the (absolutely freakin' incredible) Gundam SEED.

Unit type: battleship
Overall length: 420 meters (main body 345 meters)
Armament: 'Lohengrin' positron blaster gun x 2, 'Gottfried' Mk 71 225 cm high-energy beam gun x 2, 'Valient' 110 cm linear gun x 2, surface-to-ship missile launcher x 24, surface-to-air missile launcher x 16, 'Igelstellung' 75 mm automatic multi-barrel CIWS x 16
Ships of the line: Archangel, Dominion

I'll try to find and then screencap some more detailed pictures of archangel and it's weapon systems. (they all fold out of the ship, so I guess they'd have to be in a permanent state of deployment)

Then there's the "Kusanagi" class battlecruiser, which is made by the same manufactuerer who made the Archangel class... it's a fair bit bigger, and slightly resembles archangel.

PS: Please, if you have been watching this series, don't give away any spoilers to me. I'm on episode 43 at the moment. :(

Cheers.
"I swear, if I get caught in some little nook or some little crannie the next time that ship jumps to warp, I'll kill something." - Me, ten seconds after being caught infront of the fighter bay of an orion.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I saw that picture before i  read the rest of the thread and I thought "Wow, doesn't that look Gundamy"

I've considered ideas for an anime-type mod, but it'd take anime style ships, like white ships with smooth lines and red insignias firing blue... ive gotten carried away

hey, if you can do it, do it!
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Originally posted by Turambar
I saw that picture before i  read the rest of the thread and I thought "Wow, doesn't that look Gundamy"

Hehe, yeah... one of the less powerful cruisers looks alot like the GTD Hades.
"I swear, if I get caught in some little nook or some little crannie the next time that ship jumps to warp, I'll kill something." - Me, ten seconds after being caught infront of the fighter bay of an orion.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Anyone else see a wing with hooves and engines? :nervous:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
"Look at my hooooves..."

The hooves of death, more like. The rounded bit that is cut into the front of them opens up to reveal two HUGE beam cannons.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
It's supposed to be reminicent of Pegasus.  I don't like it.  I mean the engine pod is nice and all, but the best redux of the White Base design has been the Albion from 0083, that had the best looking Mobile Suits too.

Basically if you replace the "hooves" with something more like the Albion's booms it'd be nearly perfect.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
MS 0083 would be a better mod too since it is an ideal situation to present both sides without forcing the player to do the dirty work wheter he takes either.

It also had a very wide variety of suits, with the late "monsters" to boost the show.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan